MITSU 3000GT VS MEAT WAGON

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is

Poll ended at Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Great driving
No votes
Just having a laugh
25%
Stupid
75%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
No votes

Total votes: 4

woody

MITSU 3000GT VS MEAT WAGON

Post by woody »

my girlfriend had her work do on friday night, I was on my way to pick her up, driving through Sidcup. I was minding my own business, when I saw a white van quickly appear in my rearview mirror... it was the police..
i was positive they were gonna pull me over... then all of a sudden this bloody huge mitsu 3000gt came tearing out of a quiet side road .. he was powersliding, he held it well, then drove down the middle of the road, i pulled over as much as i could to let him passed and he was gone...!!
the old bill van behind quickly did a u turn and went after him as quickly as a ford transit could do.. :roll: i figured they were gonna be long gone... esspecially as the m25 is only 2 junctions away on the sidcup bypass..
i picked up my g/friend and was telling her what had just happened, as we were travelling back in the same direction i had come from.... and to my surprise the gt was abandoned at the traffic lights, with 5 police on the scene... 3 looking all over the car. so either it had just been nicked from the quiet turning it had blasted out of, they xxxx themselves when they saw the rozzers and dumped it..... or the owner was pi$$ed and just legged it..

anyway i think they stopped me from getting pulled over :D
SFLee

Re: MITSU 3000GT VS MEAT WAGON

Post by SFLee »

lol, or the gearbox broke, I hear the box is make out of chocalate !!
Archbishop

3000 GT

Post by Archbishop »

Hmm.. i remember my Dad had one of those and let me drive it, was probably the most wobbly car i've driven (which is saying something). Gearbox went on that too as I recall........
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

SFLee wrote:lol, or the gearbox broke, I hear the box is make out of chocalate !!

Though that was scoobys? :lol: renault gear boxes
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Saw a video somewhere where the gearbox cogs on a brand new Evo 7 exited out the bottom at high speed trying to do a burnout (and the driver didn't own the car). Think it was from Chav Power or summat?!
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

that's a high octane vid ! the bit i remember from that is caroline holding everybody up on the race track ... the porsche nearly hitting the camera man is a good bit too
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Yeah, thats the one. The stripy Porsche losing it at massive speeds in the wet :shock: . Was that the one when the host guy did up his yellow 2 into that mint gold thing?
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
adam maclean

high octane

Post by adam maclean »

thats the one. not a bad vid but the blonde presenter is one of the most annoying ive ever seen. the first one is the best if you can find it. plenty of great mr2 stuff, excellent crash when the presenter lifts off going into a corner and puts his 2 into a crash barrier. :lol:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Aye, that's a good one too.
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

That car was THE biggest POS of an mr2 in the high octane vid series :lol:

Lets modify our car with a upgraded ct26, larger throttle body to go with our jap spec computer, intake and exhaust and run slower 1/4 mile times than stock turbo mr2s! :lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”