Green ECU temp coolant sensors.

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr_X

Re: Green ECU temp coolant sensors.

Post by Mr_X »

Got mine changed, easiest job ive done on the car! still managed to slice my hand open tho! #-o
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

so it is the green plug i posted in my pic in the other page???

is it just a case of unhook the clip from the old one, undo the old one with a socket wrench, replace with new (with the metal washer), and put the clip back on???

got mine yesturday, cheers, cheques still in the post i think fella if you havent already got it.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

yes that just it. i moved a breather hose for easy accesss, just clip on clip off. unclip the connector, socket on it and undo. then reverse for new one :D
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

LuizeGT wrote:yes that just it. i moved a breather hose for easy accesss, just clip on clip off. unclip the connector, socket on it and undo. then reverse for new one :D

It's easy unless your sensor plug stops upside down so when you come to take the old one off you cant press the clip to get it off........ <-- = cut hands

Yours running any better now luize? Mine is 100% on cold start up... i can finally get up the bank going to work without getting out to push it up :P
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

cold starts are 100x better, no more spluttering and bearly making tickover. still missfiring tho, think its the plugs, dont look too healthy. :D chuffed
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Whens it misfiring? Mine's got a splutter/misfire when giving it large on full boost... I'm thinking its running to much boost but i cant turn it down. Its hitting around 1.1 / 1.2 bar :?

Do you rekon this could be plugs or ignition thing?
hicks

Post by hicks »

what plugs you got in there? also whip the dissy and rotor arm off and give them a quick check over.

any weakness in the ignition system will be more evident under boost as it makes it harder to spark.

id also reccomend checking all the jubilee clips on the intercooler hoses are on and tight.

1.2 bar is deff too much if your running ct26 with stock intercooler, shouldnt go more than 1 bar if you want to be safe and only if your engine is in top shape.
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Spittinflames wrote:Whens it misfiring? Mine's got a splutter/misfire when giving it large on full boost... I'm thinking its running to much boost but i cant turn it down. Its hitting around 1.1 / 1.2 bar :?

Do you rekon this could be plugs or ignition thing?

You got a FCD fitted mate? If not, get one and that'll cure the problem. I managed 20psi before trimming my spring down and adjusting it :shock:
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

how will a fcd cure it?

ive got a mbc and its as low as it goes, still hitting 1.3 bar. took it off to play safe

ive changed everything recently apart from plugs so il do those :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Hicks i did what you said and replaced some of the pipes etc and it cured it for a while, but then it went back to normal... boosting to high :cry:

Today i took it out for a run and noticed it was boosting below 1 bar but i still got the missfire when on WOT and boosting full. You rekon this could be down to dizzy plugs and leads. I've never replaced them since i bought it and judging by the other items on the car like the air filter etc there probably overdue :(

Would that cause a missfire/splutter when pushing hard? Dodgy ignition components?

Got an FCD but that would just cut the boost rather than lowering it, wouldnt it?
hicks

Post by hicks »

make sure the pipes havent come loose. if you havent changed the dizzy rotor arm and plugs then i would do so anyway, wouldnt bother changing the leads unless its still missing afterwards.

again make sure you check the jubilee clips on the intercooler hoses as one was missing on mine and caused a serious miss fire on boost as the air flow meter doesnt like it.

pm me if you have any more problems
stuextreme

Post by stuextreme »

are there any more sensors up for grabs if so i'll have one :D

cheers stu
spannerman

Post by spannerman »

2nd that, I'd like a sensor too.

Please could you PM me if you have some?

Cheers

Spannerman

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”