Video - MKI NA & MKII Turbo at Nurburgring!

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DoM

Video - MKI NA & MKII Turbo at Nurburgring!

Post by DoM »

Some old footage from 2003 (I think) which I meant to do something with but never got around to doing it!

Camera starts off in Ben's MKII, then switches to me in the MKI about halfway through.

http://www.oversteer-addict.com/DoM/Vid ... 202003.wmv (Save target as..)

It's about 56mb and the quality isn't great - my current video editing software is a bit pants! Ben might be able to do a better job with his copy!

Image Image

It was my first trip to the ring and my first time on track and I think you can tell... :) :) Some of my driving is a bit, err, dodgy!! Trailing the throttle into corners is probably not a good idea in mid engined car! :)

Ben was taking it easy, I've since learned the ring isn't really somewhere you want to be on the absolute limit! :eye:

Dom
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Video - MKI NA & MKII Turbo at Nurburgring!

Post by BenF »

Nice one Dom =D>

Good to see you driving the Mk1 again. Just downloading the video now - all 60MB of it (!) If you've got the source, or can drop me a CD or DVD in the post I don't mind re-encoding it and hosting the video here.

Was that the trip we did in September 2003? I was just beginning to really get a feel for the circuit and how it flowed, and the laps were beginning to come together nicely ..
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

excellent footage =D>
who was in the car with you ben? sounds like some german lass :-k
could only watch half of it though, shortly after changing to the mk1 bit, it stopped and said the file was corrupted :(
DoM

Post by DoM »

quigonjay wrote:could only watch half of it though, shortly after changing to the mk1 bit, it stopped and said the file was corrupted :(

Doh! You missed the best bit then! :lol: :lol:

What are you playing it in? Media Player?

Ben, I think it was September 2003. You were with Rog, Chris Griffiths and Si from memory?

I'll have another go at encoding it tonight. The problem was that your part of the vid was DiVX encoded, so I had to convert is back to MPEG before I merged it with my vid.

Dom
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

quigonjay wrote:excellent footage =D>
who was in the car with you ben? sounds like some german lass :-k

Yep, was some german relative of some English Bikers we'd met out there, they were top lads. I had taken them around in the Turbo to show them some lines, and they asked if I could take her around at the end of the day ..

could only watch half of it though, shortly after changing to the mk1 bit, it stopped and said the file was corrupted :(

Hmm, I got that too. Dom, I'll have to see if I've got that lap on DVD somewhere - was that from the June/July or September?

Ben.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”