What's normal for the engine temp?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

axisofunity

What's normal for the engine temp?

Post by axisofunity »

MK2 Rev 2...

My Engine Temp never goes above 1/3 of the bar... My last car was always steady in the middle...

Last night My Engine Temp never went about above 1/4

Broken Sensor?

Also there's a fan on the bottom right of the engine compartment,,,,, Doesn't seem to come on at all... What's this?

:(

Sorry for newbie questions.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Re: What's normal for the engine temp?

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Hiya mate....are you still coming tommorow ? My temp gauge stays in the middle pretty much when its warmed up....maybe you have a fuse thats gone or summat. Get someone to have a look tommorow.

mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Still coming....

If she survives the rather long drive to Cov, I'll ask someone to take a look :-)

I hope there's a car-wash nearby, white doesn't stay clean for long and I don't want you guys thinking I don't care!
JJ

Post by JJ »

sounds like the sensors reading right and its actually the thermostat on the engine thats gone faulty ( common ! )

The engine is overcooling and the gauge will espcially red lower when driving / cruising.

Generally, if you leave it on idle, it will come up to temperature, but run along the road andf the temps starts to reduce ??? > thermostat !

:)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
stephenridge

Post by stephenridge »

Hi there

I had the same problem within a month of buying my 1997 Mr2 t-bar firstly I topped up the water level a little in rad (when engine cold) this helped but as I had booked car in for a 45k service at local MrT pointing out temp and heater problem this they sorted by replacing stat and replacing coolant (red Coloured) everything now fine. Be aware they did inform me they MR2 a prone to air traps so top up water level a little every few days for 2-3 days.

Return to “Electrical”