Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

skinthespin

Elvington tomorrow

Post by skinthespin »

Anyone going? I'll be there in the TVR!
michael

Re: Elvington tomorrow

Post by michael »

I've got a free afternoon, I might pop up for a watch if it's not too cold :)
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

nice one mate, ill be in a T350C being driven like a girl cos I dont wanna blow it up!
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

skinthespin wrote:nice one mate, ill be in a T350C being driven like a girl cos I dont wanna blow it up!

Nice - that your second car other than the MR2 ;) ?
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Nah, its my mates, I didnt blow it up but i did a bit of drifting, what an ace car, bit of a handful but quite a tool, was probably the quickest thing going around today if you try and be smooth (ish), my mate whose car it is managed to spin at aproaching 100mph too and we ended up 100 yards off the track in the mud, pulled the LH tyres off the rims and smashed the fibre glass undertray at the rear, bit off ducktape and replace the tyres and we were away again.

Its quicker than my Rev3 turbo too by quite a bit, i think ill need to lose moe than 50kg to keep up with it when he gets the hang of driving it properly!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

my mate whose car it is managed to spin at aproaching 100mph too and we ended up 100 yards off the track in the mud, pulled the LH tyres off the rims and smashed the fibre glass undertray at the rear

:shock:

Don't let him drive your car then :mrgreen:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

he he, he has driven it on the road, I dont mind tbh cos I know he has the money to help me fix it if he crashed it, after all his T350C is really just his track car..............he thought it was really funny spearing off the road and sitting in the mud, weirdo!
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

skinthespin wrote:Its quicker than my Rev3 turbo too by quite a bit, i think ill need to lose moe than 50kg to keep up with it when he gets the hang of driving it properly!

Probably! They're only a tad over 1100kg! Got one of those in my 'cars to check out before deciding what car to buy next' list :D

What's the quality like compared to the earlier cars (Griffith, Chimaera, Cerbera) .. I'd heard it had improved a little?
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Its improved alot, its still got the feel of a kit car compared to an M3 or the like (floppy bonnet, squeeky trim etc etc), but its a choice you make isnt it, no one would look at you twice in an M3, like being a film star in a T350!

It sounds awesome too!

He will be at the next trackday I do so your more than welcome to come along and have a ride im sure.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

thought id add a couple of pics if anyone is interested, probably not! lol

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Looks like great fun.. man I do like those cars :D

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”