Best place to buy and best component speaker sets !!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scruff

Best place to buy and best component speaker sets !!

Post by Scruff »

I know there's lots to choose from but I like white speakers just coz I think they look nicer with my black 2.

I'm looking at Alpine
(however any cheap but quality component set will do)

I've viewed several threads recommending JBL and Infinity
(are they particularly good, If so where can I find them)

I've seen these at:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/shopfro ... duct=20267

is that a decent buy or can anyone recommend anywhere better?

Looking around this price or abit higher (max £100 though)

Scruff
Hurstie1981

Re: Best place to buy and best component speaker sets !!

Post by Hurstie1981 »

You like white speakers, but surely you will not see them behind the coor cards?
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Can't really go wrong with Infinity Reference or Kappa components. They've been around ages and are consistently very good.

I run Infinity Reference 655cs 6.5" components in the front of the Supe and Reference 6502 6.5" coaxials in the back. Each pair of speakers has its own Infinity Reference series RA7502 2x74wrms amp powering it.

Fantastic sounding speakers. Brilliant. And they don't cost 250 quid a set either. The Reference series generally range from 80 to 130 (depending on size) for the component models, with the coaxials costing a little less.
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Ive just bought some Focal 165's for mine, yet to be installed. Made the spacer rings as yet, but now comes the tricky part of removing the tweeters etc....eek!
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

Focals here too,,,

well worth the cash they sound awesome,,,

btw hurstie, my tweeters came out easy as......... no messing at all

but i hot glued mine into the plactic cover, instead of using the standard metal mounts that the original ones were held in with.....

worked a treat :D :D

was meant to be getting you some pics sorry dood, but with bad weather n much cleaning needed i didn't get round to it, maybe this w/end tho if it stays dry n u still need them m8 :!:
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

I could really do with it to be honest mate!

Im a bit stuck on a few points,
1) which wire is which? I have taken out the mid cone from the door, and im left with a pink and a purple wire!
2) where do the crossovers go best
3) where do you feed the wires for the tidiest/less messy install?

Are they just running off your head unit? Im using an alpine head unit 4x45 watt, should do the trick, was gonna use the existing wires!
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

um on the fire front i can't remember m8, if u have a multimeter u can do a cont. test from head unit n see!!

or the other heath robinson way,, try the wires both way n whichever way sounds clearest with most bass/mid-bass is usually the right way

i put my cross overs just behind the metal braket that the door handle fits into, there is enough room honest!!!

i ran the wires from tweeter basically the same route as standard, then behind the plastic thing to cross over, as for the drivers they come out of the door and along the bottom also behind the plastic to avoid any chance of fouling window mechanism,

mine are running from the set for now, only till i get my amps in then it's a full re-wire of the audio, i did mine on a freezing december day and it was/is a temp measure, it's tidy n secure enough but, no way a final install!!!!!

hope this helps m8
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Thanks for your help mate!
Looks like it will be trial and error for the time being.
Ive just bought a mopping machine and g3 and about to buy some 3m finesse for the paintwork, so cant afford an amp at the minute!
For the time being, i have trailed the wired from the mid cone back through the door through a hole where a yellow clip used to be. Ill change it all later when its not as fecking cold outside!!

Thanks for the help so far, im sure it will be great in the end!
Cant wait to hear them!!!

Return to “ICE and Security”