Some pics of my Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Patrick Gray

Some pics of my Turbo

Post by Patrick Gray »

I imported the car 5 months ago now and it has underwent one or two changes since.

Engine wise: a blitz downpipe,5zigen system,grainger valve set 1.2bar,apexi induction,blitz bov,performance leads and iridium plugs.

Elsewhere:17" hi-join 204 rims with toyo rubber.Also 17" AVS model 7 rims with yokohamas.Pi 40mm lowereing springs.TOMS style air-intake.Boost,oil pressure and exhaust temp. guages.I think thats it for now :lol:
Steve Horrocks

Re: Some pics of my Turbo

Post by Steve Horrocks »

lookin nice as fook there mate!!

finish on your wheels looks amazing!! 8)
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

plenty of elbow grease mate :lol: ,they are very hard to keep clean.
shafster

Post by shafster »

minter :shock:
cbart_01

Where'd You Get Your Car Imported From?

Post by cbart_01 »

What company did u use to import your car? Did everything go smoothly?

Do u have any website links who are known to be good for imports?
shafster

Post by shafster »

http://www.japanese-direct-imports.co.uk
http://www.neweraimports.com/stock/avai ... wfId=1_n13

are a couple of the ones that are highly rated, personally i would go for one that is already in the uk saves you having to wait months and also you can see what you're getting rather than having loads of pics sent to you.
cbart_01

Post by cbart_01 »

both sites seem quite pricey tho, do u not know any that are cheaper? cos most mr2 (non imports) are only 1700-4500ish
shafster

Post by shafster »

for an mr2 to be imported, you are looking at about 2k more than you would pay for one thats already in the uk.

the specially imported ones are more expensive as they are hand picked and usually lower mileage.

i doubt you will get any specially imported mr2 for less than 4k due to the costs of shipping and other costs.

if you want cheap try http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/ ... 5&pageid=2

but most of their cars are poor examples.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

look up bling in the dictionary and it's a pic of that exact car :D
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

Cheers for the comments guys.I imported it through Julian at JDI.Mine was a very long process due to a major shipping delay(about 4 months in total) and yes you do pay a bit more this way.For the price paid i got a near mint car with only 40,000 miles but as i said before on the old site the service could have been better to justify the premium prices.

Patrick Gray wrote:Cheers for the comments guys.I imported it through Julian at JDI.Mine was a very long process due to a major shipping delay(about 4 months in total) and yes you do pay a bit more this way.For the price paid i got a near mint car with only 40,000 miles but as i said before on the old site the service could have been better to justify the premium prices.

is your car lowered on PI springs and standard shocks?
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

yes it is mate.

Patrick Gray wrote:yes it is mate.

whats the ride like with just springs and standard shocks?
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

the ride is very firm but not harsh.I dont get no banging or clattering coming up through the dash.The handling in my opinion has improved and on smooth country roads you really couldn't shift her.I do tend to get a bit of tramlining but these are only minor niggles.I have always driven lowered cars so i guess i dont know any better.Go on Mr. Ammon you know it makes sense,give Dan a shout :wink:

Patrick Gray wrote:the ride is very firm but not harsh.I dont get no banging or clattering coming up through the dash.The handling in my opinion has improved and on smooth country roads you really couldn't shift her.I do tend to get a bit of tramlining but these are only minor niggles.I have always driven lowered cars so i guess i dont know any better.Go on Mr. Ammon you know it makes sense,give Dan a shout :wink:

hehe after xmas and it'll be sitting just right believe me :) not sure may go for a 40mm drop as it does look more agressive

Return to “Member Profiles”