battery and rad fan warning lights on dash

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nutter

battery and rad fan warning lights on dash

Post by nutter »

Hi,

Well my car starts and runs (sort of) but i've got a no charge light on my dash and two others as well. One seems to be rad fans not working and the other looks like cat temp probe (th one next to the battery light). No i know the cat temp probe will be light cos it ain't connected! but the others? My alternator was new 7 months ago although i don't seem to be able to read voltage from the big wire on the top (i'm assuming thats the charge wire?)

Help!
nutter

Re: battery and rad fan warning lights on dash

Post by nutter »

anyone? I'm thinking i'll start with replacing the alternator, does anyone know how the charging circuit on the 2 works?
JJ

Post by JJ »

check your connections to the alternator... can often get missed.

Also check the Alt sensing fuse in the front fuse box... if a short has occurred, it take out this fuse which will give you your blackpool illuminations on the dash.

Simply change fuse and all should be well if thats the case.

:)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
nutter

Post by nutter »

Hmm the plot thickens!

I've checked and cleaned all the terminals on the alternator, i've checked the charge wire that goes from the alternator to the junction box in the back of engine, that seems fine. All fuses are intact. I reckon the alternator is kaput. although for some bizarre reason the charge wire appears to have a connection to the earth on the car? This can't be right surely?

Return to “Electrical”