MR2 N/A Vs Saab 9-3

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevowaring

MR2 N/A Vs Saab 9-3

Post by stevowaring »

Went out for a late night blast in the car and found myself at the traffic lights next to a saab that seemed a bit to impatient for my liking.

I gave him a little head start to see if he was up for it, he went...

I caught him in first and then blitzed him in second...

Thats when we reached the roundabout, Mid-engined r-wd car vs tank with off road suspension, he had no chance, I was home and clear before he even left the roundabout, don't think he'll be trying that again.

And I didn't even have to break the speedlimit, oh how we like dual carriageways and big roundabouts at night...

Steve
jimGTS

Re: MR2 N/A Vs Saab 9-3

Post by jimGTS »

stevowaring wrote:Went out for a late night blast in the car and found myself at the traffic lights next to a saab that seemed a bit to impatient for my liking.

I gave him a little head start to see if he was up for it, he went...

I caught him in first and then blitzed him in second...

Thats when we reached the roundabout, Mid-engined r-wd car vs tank with off road suspension, he had no chance, I was home and clear before he even left the roundabout, don't think he'll be trying that again.

And I didn't even have to break the speedlimit, oh how we like dual carriageways and big roundabouts at night...

Steve

weve got lots of short dual carriageways and big roundabout in my area of rainham, kent!!

bloody awsome!

ive been finishing work really late lately, and have been taking the car for a spin. with noone on the road, i can certainly plant my foot a bit harder round these bends!
awsome little burn!
stevowaring

Post by stevowaring »

I know where you mean in Rainham, those dual carriageways that go to the motorway are good fun, although I haven't been down there in a 2 yet!

My ex-used to live in Chatham...
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

stevowaring wrote:I know where you mean in Rainham, those dual carriageways that go to the motorway are good fun, although I haven't been down there in a 2 yet!

My ex-used to live in Chatham...

yep, there the ones.
great they are when noones about. but i do tend not to go past 70mph, as you never know whos hiding in the bushes along there.
but awsome from 20-70mph.
am starting to learn the limits of the car on here at night (12-1am).

but i definatly need to go to an airfield day. be alot safer and fun!
gareth

vs sabb 93

Post by gareth »

Funny you wrote this,
went to the cinema on friday night and borowed my old mans 93- Its a convertible aero. I've always wanted to see what mine would be like up against it (mk2 rev 1 gltd,white) but never wanted to watch someone rag my car. As we pulled onto the a1 a rev one mk 2 in white was coming along in the middle lane (why do they sit there???) I put my foot down and crossed to the out side lane (behind him). He proceded to drop a gear and floor it. Strange results really. we both stayed at exactly the same speed nither pulling on the other 80-120. Wasnt to sure weather to be over joyed with the 2 or dissapointed with the aero. It did dawn on me later though that the auto gear box in the saab didnt drop a gear when he floored so wasnt really pulling anywhere near where it should plus the engine was only about 5 mins warm. So I'm not too sure about the results being fair on the saab. Get to some twisties though and the story will be a lot different. But I've always seen the Saab as a cruising car with the roof down it looks suprbe and my little 2 is for those back roads.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Turbos are even better when my car was standard
boost , i was keeping up with bmw M3's the old style
1992's in acceleration he couldnt get away!

Now my car is running 1bar, i havent yet come
across a car that can get away :oops: :P

Once i get my downpipe, prepare yourselfs
other drivers :lol:

Btw i used to live in gillingham,and chatham
and rainham when i was a young'n
im such a mover :shock:

Return to “Driving Experiences”