Results of Thor mapping session of Power FC

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jevansio

Results of Thor mapping session of Power FC

Post by Jevansio »

Hi everyone,

Juts thought I'd let you know the results of the Thor mapping session I had. Basically got 265 bhp (310 @ fly) & 245 ftlbs (289 @ fly) - I'm using a tranny loss of 15% there.
Injectors never went over 90% duty, boost was a constant 1.2 bar and the figures I've just posted were after the car had been on the dyno for 1.5 hours with the temps going up all the time, so with a bit of luck on the road without the heat-soak could be a bit better.
Car spec is Power FC, NUR Spec R + Decat, Spearco IC, Aquamist WI & Apexi Induction.
Here are graphs:

They reckon the intake temps were preventing me going any further, they had it at 170 at the wheels at one point but the det was becoming a problem.

Jay
stevecordiner

Re: Results of Thor mapping session of Power FC

Post by stevecordiner »

Ooo .. good stuff. How does the car feel from a butt dyno perspective? :D
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

Hi Steve, the car feels.... how can I put it.... more tuned. I know that sounds silly but the exhuast note seems to have changed from an all out noise to something more... I don't know how to put this... tuned. It definately pulls better and seems to rev more freely, even at 7K it still doesn't feel like it wants to change gear. Never had a chance to have a go against anything yet but as soon as I do I'll let ya know :D

Jay
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Good stuff! Whats your air fuel ratio - around 11.5:1?
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

It was 11.3.

Before the map it started lean, then by 4.5 K it went rich (down to 10.5 at one point). After the map they've levelled out the ratio over the entire rev range so it's closer (I'll try & get a grapg put up at lunch time)

Jay
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Typical rev 3 traites. Lean around 13:1 to 4 k and then goes really rich.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Nice results Jay. Glad to see that old Spearco unit of mine still doing the business! :wink:

Mikejc
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

Cheers Mike, it sure is, but not as well as those old CC units :D
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

But less than half the cost :lol: :wink:

Mikejc
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Mikejc wrote:But less than half the cost :lol: :wink:

Mikejc

unless its an ST205cc
steve b

Post by steve b »

Jevansio wrote:Hi everyone,

Juts thought I'd let you know the results of the Thor mapping session I had. Basically got 265 bhp (310 @ fly) & 245 ftlbs (289 @ fly) - I'm using a tranny loss of 15% there.
Injectors never went over 90% duty, boost was a constant 1.2 bar and the figures I've just posted were after the car had been on the dyno for 1.5 hours with the temps going up all the time, so with a bit of luck on the road without the heat-soak could be a bit better.
Car spec is Power FC, NUR Spec R + Decat, Spearco IC, Aquamist WI & Apexi Induction.
Here are graphs:

They reckon the intake temps were preventing me going any further, they had it at 170 at the wheels at one point but the det was becoming a problem.

Jay

The Graph says 265bhp @ flywheel, not wheels... :roll:
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I too spotted this and so had a little look at my own graph which is also from Thor. It also says at the fly but I can assure you their readings are taken from the hubs :wink:

Mikejc
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

Yeah it's def the wheels, the TCF (transmission correction factor) is set to 1 meaning the graph is not modified, if they entered a figure in there i.e. 1.18 it would adjust the graph to show flywheel power. The title of the graph is meaningless,

Jay
steve b

Post by steve b »

yes i see thor takes readings from the hubs, but arn't the graphs extrapolited figures to show power at flywheel as its a bigger more impressive figure :?:
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

no steve, the figure is definately at the hubs even though it says different, as when i had mine tested there i asked the question at the time.
jonno

Post by jonno »

Thors figures are definitely at the hubs, I usually use 10 to 11% correction to get flywheel from hubs but its a fudge factor.

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...

Return to “Modifications”