Tracks/Events in Essex?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rhys-

Tracks/Events in Essex?

Post by Rhys- »

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any good circuits/tracks in or near to Essex that allow people to go in and run their cars around? Doesn't have to be anything special but just somewhere to chuck the car about on a regular basis.

I remember Pete mentioning something about this on the old IMOC site?

Thanks,

Rhys
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Tracks/Events in Essex?

Post by Lauren »

There used to a corker of an airfield in that area, in fact its loss was so bad that i can't even say its name!

Seriously though there aren't that many circuits or usable airfields near essex, i guess Snetterton is one, though in all honesty i'd consider opening your options a bit and travelling a little further and say give Rockingham a go.

I think you'll soon find that if you start doing trackdays that travelling around a fair bit becomes a must as there are some brilliant circuits in the UK but none that near your doorstep.

Another possible is Brands Hatch, though the Indy circuit is too short to be brilliant IMO.

HTH
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Not Northweald Airport you're thinking of is it? I went there last August with the MGoc on their activity day, they were kind enough to let me go in with the MGF's :D

I don't mind travelling at all but was wondering if there was something more on the doorstep. Not to worry though.

Thanks
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rhys- wrote:Not Northweald Airport you're thinking of is it? I went there last August with the MGoc on their activity day, they were kind enough to let me go in with the MGF's :D

I don't mind travelling at all but was wondering if there was something more on the doorstep. Not to worry though.

Thanks

No was Bentwaters (which makes me cringe just saying it) near Ipswich.

I don't know of any other airfields on your doorstep sorry.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

:( I still miss Bentwaters ... it was a fantastic place to learn to do trackdays at.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BenF wrote::( I still miss Bentwaters ... it was a fantastic place to learn to do trackdays at.

Twice in one day is too much please don't mention TSA (The Southern Airfield) by name.. :cry:
John Rees

Post by John Rees »

Hi,
You can get to Brands Hatch in around 30 minutes :)

John
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Friends of mine are hoping to organise a regular event at Northwield soon. I'll let you know when its happening.
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Northweald, woohoo! Yes please mate, let us know if it goes ahead.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”