knockhill?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hp126

knockhill?

Post by hp126 »

are there ever any scottish trackdays or track days held in scotland for mr2's? we have got a fun track up at knockhill, but i am just wondering if there are ever any track days there for mr2's only?

Thanks

Ross :D
scotiamr2t

Re: knockhill?

Post by scotiamr2t »

not that i know of only ever general hot hatch days, but a mr2 specific trackday would be good fun but its rather expensive to rent the track out, so you'd need a fair few folk to go to make it affordable.

prices are for hiring the track 6k mon-fri, 8k sat, 10k sunday!!!

although if you dont wanna go on with the novas etc that attend hot hatch days (held on sundays), there is the hot marques which is held on the 1st monday of every month from april-september (car has to be worth 10k or more, not entirely strict on it but within reason)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

hp126 wrote:are there ever any scottish trackdays or track days held in scotland for mr2's? we have got a fun track up at knockhill, but i am just wondering if there are ever any track days there for mr2's only?

Thanks

We do have MR2 only trackdays, ie the IMOC trackdays.... but Knockhill is a long, long way north so it hasn't really been seen as a viable venue for the club days.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

would be nice for those down south to venture up north for a trackday rather than have us scots come down south all the time :lol:

although i will admit there are more owners who would attent that are from down south (i think)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

scotiamr2t wrote:would be nice for those down south to venture up north for a trackday rather than have us scots come down south all the time :lol:

although i will admit there are more owners who would attent that are from down south (i think)

I've been to knockhill and i live in Macclesfield (just south of manchester). Seemed to take forever to get there and back and i'm already starting from up north.

Personally i'd love to do it, though i do think Knockhill whilst fun isn't the best circuit around really. I think bearing that in mind that Croft is probably the cut-off point for escapades oop north.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Digital

Post by Digital »

Hot Marques days are fine if your car is of a reasonable value (doesn't have to be 10K, I've seen a couple of 205 Mi16s and a VTEC Mini) as long as you're not a complete liability. IMO the hot hatch days are best avoided, seen too many 'incidents' and panel damage.

There's a trackday at East Fortune at the start of March, details here, although I think it may well be full up now. There's another one in May.
todd

Post by todd »

should drop daveb a pm, he arranges track days up at knockhill, pretty sure he does marshalling there so he can usually get good deals.
hp126

knockhill

Post by hp126 »

well knockhill has just been fully re done, nre tarmac etc so it should be very very good now!

vipernet55

Post by vipernet55 »

Knockhill is pretty short and not great if your not used to your mr2. But it's great fun! Don't do the hot hatch days as they're full of idiots. I only do the hot marques nights. I've been on 2 with my mr2 turbo and it was great fun even although I melted my brakes on the 2nd time. Last time I was on there was another mr2 turbo but a white one, didn't know him but we did have a bit of a race which was a laugh.

East Fortune on the other hand isn't great, far too expensive and the track isn't very entertaing. If you're into getting the tail out in your mr2, Knockhill is a good start :D

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”