Leda Coilovers

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Leda Coilovers

Post by tonigmr2 »

I ran a GP before on these once before - a few fitment issues as it was the first time they had made these for MR2s but these are now ironed out.

I managed to get 30% off retail last time, but would need 10 names for this. 5 names will get 20%.

If you're interested in a British made coilover with excellent ride quality and a huge range of adjustment (and only £40 a time to refurbish when needed in the future!) add your name and I'll organise it.

They do gas filled, oil filled and also a coilover that is adjustable for bump and rebound (I've got the whole shooting match on my MK1, without a doubt improved the car HUGELY over the previously over hard Japanese shocks).

A few members on here have them for feedback. I will say though that I would only recommend lowering or fitment of aftermarket wheels on this suspension system if you go to Leda and pay their fitting charge and let them do it and set the car up, IMHO.

T

edit: their web address might be useful! #-o
http://www.leda.com/
jonb-

Re: Leda Coilovers

Post by jonb- »

Just thought i'd mention bev and co over at leda are super friendly and they'll make it a great day out if nothing else :)
Import

Post by Import »

I'm interested in a set of these, how much are they?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Depends on spec, take a look on their site!
T
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Just had a look at their website, and they list prices for the MR2 (Although don't say WHAT MR2! :?) but no pics of the individual kit (to see what your money buys). They don't list any MR2 kits in the "shop" part.

It's probably all there, but I'm finding their site too painful to surf around... :(
Dino
-----------------------------------------------------
Click here for MR2 Mania Website
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL probably fair comment.

I've got double adjustable gas with remote canisters which would've cost about £1900 IIRC, but with discounts got them for about £1500.

I reckon a gas single adjustable for around the £1K mark with discounts.
edit: they don't list types of MR2 as they have the same price for all MKs.
T
Import

Post by Import »

Whats the actual difference between double & single gas shockers?

When you say remote adjustable, does that mean you can change them from hard to soft from inside the car electronically?
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Toni, do their coilover setups come with any top mounts, and are they adjustable for camber, etc?
Dino
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

IIRC most people were having rubbing issues with these and 17s! Could you confirm Toni?
M5
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

IIRC most people were having rubbing issues with these and 17s!

Just to add that almost all coilover setups for the MR2 (including the TRD ones!) recommend that you fit spacers at the front to make clearance with the inside of the front wheels. ISTR that only Tein ones don't need this, as they use smaller diameter rods in the struts, but the downside is that they're not as strong as others.

Like Muhsin, though, I'm interested to know whether spacers are needed for the fronts with the Ledas. Oh, and are the topmounts included, and dot they have any adjustment for camber?
Dino
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

bit of a brass kneck on this one....

WHEN do we need to stump up for this??

see I've just bought the cheep tubby... and am looking at a cambelt and a water pump for my peice of mind... plus I've got a power steering problem... then by the time those are sorted out the kids will be wanting something more than empoty boxes under the tree....

so for me the timing is suspect but the product is great, if you'd be willing to take a deposit and let me collect the units in the new year then yes yes yes.

failing which i'll need to sit on my hands
steve b

Post by steve b »

MR2Mania wrote:

IIRC most people were having rubbing issues with these and 17s!

Just to add that almost all coilover setups for the MR2 (including the TRD ones!) recommend that you fit spacers at the front to make clearance with the inside of the front wheels. ISTR that only Tein ones don't need this, as they use smaller diameter rods in the struts, but the downside is that they're not as strong as others.

Like Muhsin, though, I'm interested to know whether spacers are needed for the fronts with the Ledas. Oh, and are the topmounts included, and dot they have any adjustment for camber?

Interesting, no issues with my H&R coilovers.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Sorry guys, completely missed all these comments.

Nope don't come with top mounts.

Double adjustable means adjustable for hard/soft and bump/rebound.

Remote adjustable means a little knob on the side :wink:

I got mine fitted with no rubbing problems mated to Cusco pillowball top mounts.

Phew think that was everything...

T
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

Hi people,

I was in on the first GP for the MK2 setup. I believe it worked out at about £850 inc VAT after discount but that was Dec 2003 prices. The rubbing issues are only on the front where I had 17x7J with 45mm offset covered in 215/40 rubber with rim protection which overhangs the rims by about 5mm. I have had to take the offset to 33mm using custom 12mm spacers to get approx a 3mm clearance between tyre and strut.

Tony
markiii

Post by markiii »

Toni sorry for teh thread drift, but how expensive were teh cusco pillow ball mounts?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

About £170 a pair IIRC.
T

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”