Reverse lights insolvable!!!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Vindezal

Reverse lights insolvable!!!

Post by Vindezal »

I Have a problem with my reverse lights not working, taken it in to MR T today, they bridged the reverse switch to see and checked the bulbs but there is NO powere going through the switch and the fuze for its ok as well, tho the fuse was a slightly highern rating that standard he said (for the engine fan (2.5 amps higer than standard)-anyway!!... I thought hmm.... history..So its had a bit of tracing back through the wires but I sadly took the car away after probably 3 attempts over the last year not working.

Though good news peeps my new aerial is working fine now.
Vindezal

Re: Reverse lights insolvable!!!

Post by Vindezal »

Anyone???? :roll:
madbadweasel

Post by madbadweasel »

Dont worry about it mate, You dont need reverse lights anyway.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

I imagine bad wiring is the cullprit.

Can't Mr T find the problem - that's just xxxx lame!!

Best thing to do is get a multimeter and check the wires from their source (at the power end) and see where there is suddenly no power getting through.

Maybe Mr T has done that already - I'd hope so!!

[-o<
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Well they had to ring and auto elctrician to sort out the wiring at the back of the head unit to make my aerial come down! :x

As for testing hmmm I will take air filter off first, will have to trace the wire back.. basically thats what they said "requires further investigation"

Have had them working when i bought the car and right up till june last year ish.. then now nothing. think its bad connection somewhere..
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

vindezal wrote:Well they had to ring and auto elctrician to sort out the wiring at the back of the head unit to make my aerial come down! :x

As for testing hmmm I will take air filter off first, will have to trace the wire back.. basically thats what they said "requires further investigation"

Have had them working when i bought the car and right up till june last year ish.. then now nothing. think its bad connection somewhere..

9 times out of ten its the switch on the top of the gearbox - you tried shorting out the plug that goes to it? If you do, the reversing lights should come on.

if not, you could always DIY and run wires from there to the rear lights bypassing the damaged wiring - but I'm surprised there is any TBH.
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

the mechanic bypassed the switch and it still did not work. hmmm I could drive up to ipswich and see you ben? 8)

I was gonna say-where does the wire begin to get power,though this would be imposible as its in a loom with others ound the car..

Return to “Electrical”