ecu chips

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gasman

ecu chips

Post by gasman »

Ive got a rev5 na, stepped up from a rev1 for reliability, seems a bit less responsive, power band is about 1500 revs higher - I figure the power steering/cat etc is sapping some power, would a superchip give it more or less lower down torque. Dont really want to change the exhaust/filter etc, just something undetectable by the insurance companies!!
So, my question is, has anybody fitted just a chip to an na, and would it make much difference?
Thanks.
GT Rich

Re: ecu chips

Post by GT Rich »

Me personaly i don't like super chips as it is mapped for 1 particular car and not yours and i've heard some bad tings about them. Yeah it will proberly help but i would stay away from them but thats just me!

You really are better off letting the engine breath better, get the air in and out, quicker the better!
What about an k&n pannel filter??

HTH

Rich :D
gasman

Post by gasman »

Does a panel filter just slot straight in, no removing all the fitted hose work etc?
Kelvyn

Post by Kelvyn »

Performance panel filters are direct replacement of cars original stock filter, they are less restictive so the engine breathes easier. Next best thing to an induction kit.
gasman

Post by gasman »

Just ordered a K&N panel filter. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Modifications”