Security advice

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

theonetowatch

Security advice

Post by theonetowatch »

I am looking for a Thatcham 1 alarm with remote start (I know I dont need it I just want it) Does anybody have any advice on which manufacturer is the best?

Cheers :shock:
Sidewinder

Re: Security advice

Post by Sidewinder »

I had a Clifford 600 with remote start in my previous tubby, and thought it was excellent. The remote start initially seems pretty gimmicky, but I found I used it all the time; especially on cold days and the like.

Also a good laugh in carparks, when you start the car from a huge distance away and then listen to the reaction of people standing near the car:

"That car just started up on it's own!"

etc

:D
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by KiwiMR2 »

Nige wrote:I had a Clifford 600 with remote start in my previous tubby, and thought it was excellent. The remote start initially seems pretty gimmicky, but I found I used it all the time; especially on cold days and the like.

Also a good laugh in carparks, when you start the car from a huge distance away and then listen to the reaction of people standing near the car:

"That car just started up on it's own!"

etc

:D

Hehehe...EXACTLY the same with mine :lol:

Cheers
KiwiMR2
theonetowatch

Post by theonetowatch »

Thanks for that, how much would I be looking to pay for one of those fitted?
Is there a turbo timer option?
TA :shock:
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

Unfortunitly my prices won't help as Im in NZ. Mine runs seperate from my Blitz turbo timer.....so it is possible to have them running together.

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Ben

Post by Ben »

theonetowatch wrote:I am looking for a Thatcham 1 alarm with remote start (I know I dont need it I just want it) Does anybody have any advice on which manufacturer is the best?

Cheers :shock:

Your Alarm no longer becomes Thatcham Cat 1 approved if you have Remote Start installed.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Ben wrote:Your Alarm no longer becomes Thatcham Cat 1 approved if you have Remote Start installed.

True, but this wasn't an issue for me at the time as my insurance company didn't require a Cat 1 on the car.

No turbo timer, so I would just leave the car running on the remote start system and then turn the ignition off on the keyfob after a couple of minutes. The car stays locked and the system armed.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by KiwiMR2 »

No turbo timer, so I would just leave the car running on the remote start system and then turn the ignition off on the keyfob after a couple of minutes. The car stays locked and the system armed.

?? remote START.....when you park up and get out with no turbo timer then you turn off the car, walk away & arm it. When you start it via the remote start the alarm should have a set period of time it will stay on for (mine 8 mins but I can turn it off via the remote) afaia the car should still be armed while on.

Thats with mine but most should be similar :) Hope it helps a bit.

Cheers
KiwiMR2

Return to “ICE and Security”