Anglesey Track Day 22nd / 23rd October

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Re: Anglesey Track Day 22nd / 23rd October

Post by BenF »

Speedy wrote:Note to self, take a long hard look at the apex of the goonpin before commiting to some more tyre shredding...

Sometimes you'll find some clown in a Elise parked on the apex..

Now that takes real skill - How did he manage to end up parked nose into the apex like that? :lol: I should have that on one of the three video tapes :mrgreen:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Goto10 wrote:
You carried lots of speed into and through School, each time my hand tightened its grip on the handle :) Some very good laps you were doing.

Cheers Steve :D I enjoy everything about Anglesey. Driving, taking passengers, having passenger rides, walking round, the little place is brilliant! And the track was so close to the cottage I even walked to it along the beach on Sunday morning, how cool is that! 8)

The only problem with driving sensibly and quickly is that it looks boring on video. Having looked through Ben's excellent video my favourite clip is Anna having her "moment" into Radar followed closely by the rear view lap; Anna four wheel drifting out of the hairpin looked really cool 8) and Ben fishtailing out of Abbotts (after mangling the gear change) was excellent! :clown:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Speedy wrote:

I thought it was more robot dancing.. and look, even Tom (Icsononove?) getting into the spirit by doing some moonwalking

:mrgreen:

I was just testing the grip levels! :clown: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's a video of me practising when I was younger and had black hair! :clown:

http://www.tess-impersonates-mj.com/tes ... oonwalk.rm
shish

Post by shish »

:thumright: thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend, top fun!

Special thanks to Garrick who let me take his MR2 out, it was the best fun i'd had in ages... When you get your alignment fixed mate make a note of the settings for me yea? :twisted:

pics of the weekend are here:

IMOC Pics:
http://www.mr2.net/gallery/anglesey_oct ... index.html

All the other pics are here:
http://www.mr2.net/gallery/anglesey_oct2005/index.html
http://www.mr2.net/gallery/anglesey_oct ... index.html
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

=D> Mark, there's some excellent pictures there, well done! :D

Here's my favourite:

Si's car really does turn in properly, I wish mine would, it's all a bit "woolly". But he claims his suspension is totally standard! So it looks like I'll have to bin my aftermarket shocks and springs (whoever made them - I haven't got a clue :? ) and replace it with standard Toyota ](*,)
MartG

Post by MartG »

Remember the Track-Club.com Exige which expired in a cloud of steam on Saturday. Just had a look on their website - if he had it on daily hire it had cost him £1295 for the day, plus £150 for a 2nd driver, and a £2500 insurance excess ( wonder how much of that was used ? )

Makes our cars look excellent value for money !
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

A couple of my pics to tempt even more people to Anglesey next time out.

Here's a pic of my SC outside the cottage, what a brilliant view: :D

Here's a pic of Anna / Alex and Si going through Abbots in convoy: :D

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Somewhat narked that I couldn't make it this time, will definately sign up for the next Elvington day (no more airfields I think).

Edit: #-o Anglesey #-o
Last edited by LimeyMk1 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anna

Post by anna »

Limeymk1 wrote:Somewhat narked that I couldn't make it this time, will definately sign up for the next Elvington day (no more airfields I think).

You better make it next time!!! [-X

;)

Us admins are already thinking about the next trackday, and will *probably* be organising an Anglesey IMOC day in the spring next year (IMOC only sat followed by general public Sun if anyone fancied the double header again).
Watch this space!

[hold on - elvington is an airfield?... :-k ]
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

anna wrote:

[hold on - elvington is an airfield?... :-k ]

That's what I thought, I guess he must've meant Anglesey :)
MartG

Post by MartG »

I definitely want to do both Anglesey and Elvington again next year, and maybe one or two other venues too ( eg Three Sisters - less than an hours drive from home and even closer for some - maybe an NW region meet ? ). May give the Mk2 a track outing too :D
Kipps

Post by Kipps »

MartG wrote:I definitely want to do both Anglesey and Elvington again next year, and maybe one or two other venues too ( eg Three Sisters - less than an hours drive from home and even closer for some - maybe an NW region meet ? ). May give the Mk2 a track outing too :D

I think 3 sisters is far too small to have a car track day on - Its barley big enough for go karts :shock:
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I did a red letters day at 3 sisters .... Its a very small track and its pretty nasty in the wet, did it in a single seater so it was very hard to stay on the track in the wet. I deffo had more fun at elvington with the ability to gooon without fear of hitting a tyre wall.
ImageImage
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

BenF wrote:Now that takes real skill - How did he manage to end up parked nose into the apex like that? :lol: I should have that on one of the three video tapes :mrgreen:

It'll be just after Si overtakes me, when you were chasing me. Also, before that, I came gooning out of the hairpin, to be confronted with a silver elise bouncing across teh grass on the outside... *ahem*
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”