Focal 6x9's, are they worth fitting?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hurstie1981

Focal 6x9's, are they worth fitting?

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Hello,

Wanting to upgrade the speakers in my car at the moment, running in original setup with Alpine head unit. My bro has offered me his Focal 6x9s from his old car if i want them. Just wondering if it would be worth fitting them in place of the factory subs, or would i not gain much?

Thanks

Graham
Jayng

focals

Post by Jayng »

fitting them 6x9 focals would all depend on what you have up front.

I had a set of 16.5 cm focal components powered by a soundstream amp in the doors and I thought that they were enough. i would only have added a smallish sub 8 or 10" to the set up as well as upgrading to a better headunit.

You'll have to give more information on your current set-up... If the front is weaker than what you'll have at the rear, you'll be drawing the sound (stage) behind you and it'll make for a weird effect.
michael

Re: Focal 6x9's, are they worth fitting?

Post by michael »

No, sell them to me :)
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

hehe!

How much lol!
michael

Post by michael »

They would be nice in the back of your car if you mount them on MDF, definately an improvement over those poor rears you have at the moment - I'm looking to fit Focal 6.5" speakers in the back of my car but 6x9's could be an option I guess, what model are they and what price would you have in mind?
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Im not quite sure, my brother hasn't had them long, so i presume a new-ish model!
I dont think he would really want me selling them as he likes his ebay proffits lol!!
Ill have a play, and see what i can do!

Need to strip out all the passenger side seat and carpet today to remove the swimming pool in the footwell!!

Return to “ICE and Security”