[Mk2] [Generic] retracting mirrors

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

^Trickster^

[Mk2] [Generic] retracting mirrors

Post by ^Trickster^ »

My mirrors stopped retracting ages ago, anyway i decided to have a quick look, the module gets 12v to the pink wire when i press the retract button but apart from that doesnt seem to have any power

Anyone know which fuse this comes from, i havent actually tested any yet haha as it was late when i stopped, thought a post might save some time

I am assuming it is seperate from the normal mirror controls as they work fine, my bgb version doesnt have wiring diagrams for the retractors

Thanks
Graeme
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] retracting mirrors

Post by shinny »

This bit from the knowledge base should help: forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=92

Not a full wiring diagram though - I've never seen one for it either :(
shinny

Post by shinny »

Oh - the MR2OC version is much better and shows the plug's wiring: https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2.htm ... bartid=223
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Sweet! Thavnks mate!
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Well as a follow up, the retracting mirrors are fed from the ecu-b fuse under the bonnet. Must be the only thing they feed on my car as it apparently feeds airbag and some say abs, of which I have none anyway.
Easy fix, should of looked ages ago haha
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

:neutral: :neutral:
Last edited by blogsy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

Glad it proved to be an easy fix. But I thought I'd post a wiring diagram for folding mirrors here, in case it helps someone else in the future.

I came across this on a website early this year when I was having problems with converting mine to the folding type. In the end, in my case it just turned out to be a faulty relay.

Paul
shinny

Post by shinny »

Thanks for posting that, Paul! I've stolen it and added it to the library I host here: http://shinny.co.uk/toyota/

A quick examination suggests to me there's a printing error on the diagram because the circuits for the left and right sides are different - pins 4 and 5 on the control relay look like they're flipped. Not sure if that's the wires or the innards
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

blogsy wrote:While you're here do you mind if i ask what sort of power are your running now, did you change over to the 5s block?

I switched to a 5s block a few years ago, I am running 630whp at the moment, so around 700+ crank hp, I'll put a link on my 5sgte thread to my latest video

Thanks for posting the drawing!

Graeme
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

wow that must surprise a few people on the street :lol:
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Yeh it does... Me lol
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

shinny wrote:Thanks for posting that, Paul! I've stolen it and added it to the library I host here: http://shinny.co.uk/toyota/

A quick examination suggests to me there's a printing error on the diagram because the circuits for the left and right sides are different - pins 4 and 5 on the control relay look like they're flipped. Not sure if that's the wires or the innards

Some useful stuff in your library, which I've now book marked. You may be right about the wiring diagram, I'll have to take a closer look. I'm afraid I can't for the life of me remember what site I found it on, but I think it was an American forum, and a Japanese speaker on that forum translated some of the text. I've not changed anything myself other than tidying up some of the labels. I ought to create an index on my own site of the various info I've collected and photos taken. It's just finding the time :D

Paul

If you want to nick my pdf version here's a link.
JDM Folding Mirrors

Return to “Electrical”