My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Post by Ryan S »

haha, no i did not!! Still only managed a 14.5 haha!! Did you get my text today? Looking forward to getting this suspension sorted. I'm putting a lot of hope on this. The drive to uni everyday is bloody horrible in it just now and it's all down to the suspension being past it!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Ryan S wrote:haha, no i did not!! Still only managed a 14.5 haha!! Did you get my text today? Looking forward to getting this suspension sorted. I'm putting a lot of hope on this. The drive to uni everyday is bloody horrible in it just now and it's all down to the suspension being past it!

I never but just had a look and it's there!!! My last phone died by getting squashed between me and a beer keg so it now lives away from me... I miss a lot trying to preserve the darn thing!!!
I'll have a read and reply if the opportunity arises ;)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Haha, oh dear!!! Was nothing important haha!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ordered these yesterday. Arrived this afternoon!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Nothing much to report. Been trying not to use the mr2 too much as the roads are covered in salt here now. I now have 1000cc top feeds to go in. Just trying to sort out the correct seals for the head then I'll get them in :)
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

the salts horrific around the midlands. constantly having to use my wipers/washer fluid to be able to see anything. hoping to map it in the new year?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah as soon as possible. I've a 70 mile round trip for uni everyday and a 30 mile round trip for work every night. I just couldn't face putting the mr2 through that. My mate Kris is gonna mock up the new injectors and rail on another head so its ready to fit. I need to sort out my electrical issue as well before mapping but as soon as xmas is out the way I'm hoping to get it done. I think the car may need a new alternator :( hopefully have it mapped before the end of January though, Ready for the spring :)

Ended up buying a wee rotbox Audi A3. 192k on the clock, rusty wings etc!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:Yeah as soon as possible. I've a 70 mile round trip for uni everyday and a 30 mile round trip for work every night. I just couldn't face putting the mr2 through that. My mate Kris is gonna mock up the new injectors and rail on another head so its ready to fit. I need to sort out my electrical issue as well before mapping but as soon as xmas is out the way I'm hoping to get it done. I think the car may need a new alternator :( hopefully have it mapped before the end of January though, Ready for the spring :)

Ended up buying a wee rotbox Audi A3. 192k on the clock, rusty wings etc!

made any progress on the 2? did you buy the audi? lol
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I did buy it yeah, Garage next door to my recording studio had it up for sale, (the guys who painted my mr2). It was pennies so paid what it was worth haha. It actually drives really well and is stupidly good on fuel. The mr2 has been sat in the drive doing nothing. Hoping to have the fuel system sorted asap though then have it mapped and finished BEFORE spring. I'd like to have it fully finished before i start using it again :) As soon as the injectors and rail are off I'll get them to you bud :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Actually just used the mr2 to go to work tonight. Started right off the button!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:I did buy it yeah, Garage next door to my recording studio had it up for sale, (the guys who painted my mr2). It was pennies so paid what it was worth haha. It actually drives really well and is stupidly good on fuel. The mr2 has been sat in the drive doing nothing. Hoping to have the fuel system sorted asap though then have it mapped and finished BEFORE spring. I'd like to have it fully finished before i start using it again :) As soon as the injectors and rail are off I'll get them to you bud :)

haha nice, got lucky then getting it cheap. yeah once your used to 30mpg or below. anything over 40 feels like a dream.

sounds good :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah the mr2 is no use for uni/work. Gonna just use it at weekends I think. Run the audi into the ground!
hojoos

Post by hojoos »

Awesome!!!!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

once its all setup and running as you wanted in the first place...whats next then? just plan to enjoy it for a while? go to some shows? any long term plans for more power etc?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Maintenance and enjoyment. The goal was always 400 at the wheels which it's extremely close to already. I'll most likely make it a dry weather/weekend car.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:Maintenance and enjoyment. The goal was always 400 at the wheels which it's extremely close to already. I'll most likely make it a dry weather/weekend car.

sounds good, exactly what im planning to do. you got some good roads up your way? ever plan to take it on track?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

There is yeah. Glenshee isn't far from me at all. There's looooads of nice backroads just minutes from where I live too. Deffo no plans for the track, athe strip yeah but not interested in putting it on the track. I'd crash it!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”