My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

Re: My 400whp saga, 373whp after mapping.

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:It would absolutely obliterate a stock mr2, Despite having slightly lower power under 4k you launch it at about that revs. So you're under 4k for no time at all. 0-60 is way under the 5 second mark. Very very low 4s 😳 0-100 is about 7 seconds.

ok i need this :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

rossonza wrote:
Ryan S wrote:It would absolutely obliterate a stock mr2, Despite having slightly lower power under 4k you launch it at about that revs. So you're under 4k for no time at all. 0-60 is way under the 5 second mark. Very very low 4s 😳 0-100 is about 7 seconds.

ok i need this :mrgreen:

It does drive different but not much. It's hard to explain, different turbo just feels different. I dare say TD06 or something would feel more stock like than what i'm using. You are PINNED into the seat when the boost hits hard though. Anyone of I've taken out in it so far have literally shouted "jesus christ" when the boost comes in properly haha :)
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

haha does sound hilarious.

im going to be running that billet td05-16g initially. so should see 3/350 ish? ill look at a better turbo setup later on in the build. im trying to source a 5s 3sge at the moment. one up in sunny scotland im trying to get my hands on off facebook at the moment :-)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

350ish would be a great number. Less lag than me and more power sooner I would guess. Where about in Scotland? I'm up in Dundee. Would happily take you for a blast in mine.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Your car is gorgeous mate, and tour initial post about all the kick in the baws xxxx I can totally relate to, and then some.

Great to see you stuck with it and it certainly would be my pride and joy also.

I swear if it wasn't for my fast car and superbike obsession I'd be lost.

Well all that and my rescue staffy, although he hates the MR2. The look he turns and gives me when I nail it on boost is priceless.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Cheers mate, Been a labour of love (and hate)! 7 years I've owned the car. It's handling like sh*t at the moment so I'm away to get coilovers for it. It was so twitchy down the strip i wanted to lift off halfway every run.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

What time did you get, Ryan? Glad to see it's making some smiles!

I tried looking up my MR2 the other day but the Reg has changed by the looks of it (or scrapped! :pale: ) and I haven't seen the owner on here after Dan sold it. Shame.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

aw i only did 2 runs mate. One to remind myself what the run off was like and another where i totally melted my launch. best time was a 14.5 which is garbage haha!! when I was running stock boost on 205 wide tyres I managed a 13.8! My terminal speed was only 104 as well so I think despite been given a printout for 373whp the mapper has made that figure (i wasn't there during mapping) then turned the power right down without telling me. I do have a 6400 rev limit at the moment until i get the fuel pressure sorted. it's leaning out at the top end, spiking at idle etc....I don't think the car is anywhere near 430bhp at the moment despite it still being (or feeling) ludicrously fast.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:aw i only did 2 runs mate. One to remind myself what the run off was like and another where i totally melted my launch. best time was a 14.5 which is garbage haha!! when I was running stock boost on 205 wide tyres I managed a 13.8! My terminal speed was only 104 as well so I think despite been given a printout for 373whp the mapper has made that figure (i wasn't there during mapping) then turned the power right down without telling me. I do have a 6400 rev limit at the moment until i get the fuel pressure sorted. it's leaning out at the top end, spiking at idle etc....I don't think the car is anywhere near 430bhp at the moment despite it still being (or feeling) ludicrously fast.

doesnt sound ideal for a run mate, but still good to get back into the hang of things.

any updates on the fuel plan>?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Kinda, I'm currently running a deadhead setup. The mapper suspected this to be one of the reason for the unreliable pressure. It's just a case of swapping the lines about. Literally a 5 minute job. Gonna upgrade the fuel pump wiring while I'm at it, I'm also gonna fit 1000cc top feeds. Just cover all bases. I really want to sort out the handling first. Car feels like it the body and the wheels aren't connected 😳😳

No rush since it's basically winter now so gonna aim to get it all done in a few months time!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:Kinda, I'm currently running a deadhead setup. The mapper suspected this to be one of the reason for the unreliable pressure. It's just a case of swapping the lines about. Literally a 5 minute job. Gonna upgrade the fuel pump wiring while I'm at it, I'm also gonna fit 1000cc top feeds. Just cover all bases. I really want to sort out the handling first. Car feels like it the body and the wheels aren't connected 😳😳

No rush since it's basically winter now so gonna aim to get it all done in a few months time!

can i ask why you went for dead-head in the first place?

what are your current injectors? PM me if they will be for sale, i need some replacements for my rev2 turbo ones.

yeah shame the handling is so off.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

it was just a nice neat setup. One line going to the rail. I am gonna swap it back as soon as I get a day away from work :(

It's 800cc SARDs I have. only 3k miles on them. They went in my car split new. I paid £380 or something ridiculous for them. I;d flog them flor £200 in the rev3 rail. Just waiting on getting the 100cc ones. Hopefully a couple of weeks.

just FYI they were only at 60% duty at 380whp.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:it was just a nice neat setup. One line going to the rail. I am gonna swap it back as soon as I get a day away from work :(

It's 800cc SARDs I have. only 3k miles on them. They went in my car split new. I paid £380 or something ridiculous for them. I;d flog them flor £200 in the rev3 rail. Just waiting on getting the 100cc ones. Hopefully a couple of weeks.

just FYI they were only at 60% duty at 380whp.

Sounds good to me mate, drop me a PM. only thing is i think ill need to get my rev2 rail bored.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

is the rev3 rail not a strait swap? Pretty sure it is man.
steven63

rail

Post by steven63 »

REV3 FUEL RAIL IS VERY DIFFERENT TO THE REV2, SO IS NOT A STRAIGHT SWAP
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

as above, its different. people generally bore the rev2, or go aftermarket rail. but im cheap. so re-bore probably on the cards for my rail. just got to find somewhere to do it lol. ive got enough pump anyways 320lph.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah every day's a school day. You can buy bored ones for £50.

https://xxxx/products ... -fuel-rail.

This link might not display as it's a banned trader.
s. jones

mr2

Post by s. jones »

androo007 wrote:What time did you get, Ryan? Glad to see it's making some smiles!

I tried looking up my MR2 the other day but the Reg has changed by the looks of it (or scrapped! :pale: ) and I haven't seen the owner on here after Dan sold it. Shame.
The person that bought your old car is my mate (steven63) and he is on here regular, he recently posted on this very thread regarding rev2/3 fuel rails
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Just ordered a set of meister r CRD zetas. Hopefully this makes the car feel a bit nicer. It currently feels like it has square wheels so anything will be better than the current setup!!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Ryan S wrote:It was so twitchy down the strip i wanted to lift off halfway every run.

But you didn't though :lol: , True petrolhead!!! :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”