www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
E51 rebuild with 94-95 SW20 E153 and Kazz Close Ratio Gears

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
celesa

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: E51 rebuild with 94-95 SW20 E153 and Kazz Close Ratio Gears Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi All,

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light as information on the net is scare. I recently converted my SC engine into an 1.8 ITB high-Comp NA (Factory SC car), what I want to do next is improve the E51 gear ratios to better suite the engine hence I am finding parts to rebuild the E51.

I came across some post that it is possible to use E153 internals on E51, I managed to find a brand new SW20 Turbo E153 (94-95) gearbox; will I be able to use this and simply swap the parts (Shafts, Synchrons, Bearings) over?
I also want to check will the Kazz Close Ratio gear set designated for E153 (SW20 turbo) fit right into the E51 as well?

My E51 have Kazz LSD installed, will I be able to reuse this?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cel
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: