The Ramblings and Diary of a Japanese Car Enthusiast

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Madabout

Re: The Ramblings and Diary of a Japanese Car Enthusiast

Post by Madabout »

My SMG Rev3 V6 is now back from paint shop.

Waiting for the rear rev5 spoiler to go back on.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Now that looks bloody lovely :)
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

love it, I do like spoilerless. I'm tempted to have another bootlid painted so i can switch easily.
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

When I looked to buy this car I knew it needed a re-spray as it was 50 shades of grey. Having seen Jordan's SMG in the metal which is re-sprayed (JLW on here) I know what good looked like which made the need to sort more so.

Today final touches were done as fitted the rev5 spoiler (I do like them without and maybe a spare bootlid would be useful) whilst I also changed the wheels to some mint (professionally refurbished) 17' staggered Hinodex Stern Face 2 6s.

Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Resprayed some of my interior trim. When I got the car it was silver that I wasn't too keen on. Nice day today so stripped out and sprayed black. Better looking I think.

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

You've got yourself quite a collection of cars now, James. Each of them different and very special :lover:
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Magic Beans wrote:You've got yourself quite a collection of cars now, James. Each of them different and very special :lover:

Hi Phil. Hope your keeping well? Yeah bought the V6 I nearly bought in July 2017 but in early 2018. It's been seeing the most TLC recently.
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Got my rev4 yellow turbo MOT'd today. Next year I will get a few bits done to keep it tidy but for now good it passed the MOT.

I also fitted some reproduction factory look alike MR2 side windows sunshades. Work well on the V6 as this car doesn't have the tinted side windows like the white and yellow turbos.

For the white turbo like in the yellow turbo I have also purchased a Alan Bryson centre console. Got the Ortiz version in the V6 and like these parts so look forward to fitting in the white turbo.
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Not updated in quite a while.

Not changes but a yellow MK1 Eunos Roadster J-Limited to go with the yellow MR2 Turbo.

The yellow MX5 is a work in progress that has been stored for ages. So far I have fitted the wheels and hardtop, carried out a full service, etc.

Also another purchase that will hopefully get some upgrades. A car I missed in Japan around 5 years ago as went to a Japanese buyer. Ended up coming to the UK about a year later through a UK importer.

danjama

Post by danjama »

Just thought i'd pop in here and say thanks to James for selling me his V6, I know it was a conflicted decision but it's in good hands. The car drove home faultlessly via B roads. Now to get my turbo ready for sale. Honestly wish I had a drive/garage to take it off the road for some TLC. I don't keep threads going on imoc but i'm on instagram @snapped_by_dan if anybody wants to keep an eye on the SMG V6 :thumleft:

ImageV6 MR2 by Dan J, on Flickr
JLW

Post by JLW »

From one good owner to another, good to see the car to to another in the
community. Jordan.

Return to “Member Profiles”