5S Block

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JDMfrank

5S Block

Post by JDMfrank »

Ive had a look around and apart from buying a built block from ATS and shipping it over i havent found another way of getting one.

Looking at doing a forged build on ny rev3 turbo and thinking i may be beat off just getting the most reliable block i can and build that on the side while keeping my car running and driving then swap it over when ready.

Whats the easiest way to get these blocks UK/Ireland, is anyone bringing them in from the US? Did any Japanese cars come with these?
androo007

Re: 5S Block

Post by androo007 »

Best bet is to import one from the states yourself. About £1k all in for a single block including crank which can then be sold off for about £300 later.

Just make sure it's the latter one with the square doobies.

Speaking from personal experience, if someone offers you one here and ready for a grand, take it.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Best bet is to import one from the states yourself. About £1k all in for a single block including crank which can then be sold off for about £300 later.

Just make sure it's the latter one with the square doobies.

Speaking from personal experience, if someone offers you one here and ready for a grand, take it.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Or if you can find a cheap camry for that price I think the year range is like 1994 to 1999

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”