www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Brake choices? Decision made with recommendation :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmomr2

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Brake choices? Decision made with recommendation :) Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Afternoon all.

I have been running my Rev 3 turbo for a few months now after having it off the road for the best part of 6 years.

It certainly is time for new discs and pads but I’m unsure of what to get or where from now. Currently I have carbotech pads with discs from cam skill but unsure of what I should get now or where from?

The car isn’t running mega power about 320 and is mainly used on the road however will become more off a track car soon.

Any suggestions would be great [Smile]

Last edited by timmomr2 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Race Idiot

Feedback Score: 25

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I use carbotech XP8 on track and they cope well, I've managed to boil the fluid before the pads.

I found that it's better to deal with carbotech directly http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

Give em a call the guy there is very helpful.

Discs, eh just get em from anywhere obviously just don't get the cheapest but decent branded ones will do. Don't bother with grooved or drilled.
timmomr2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers for that, can’t remember where I got them from last time and they don’t seem to be available from any retailers. I’ll gice them a call best bet to get the right ones I’m guessing [Smile]
timmomr2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thought it would be worth a mention, carbotech guys on the phone were great. They did look after me a little on the price very quick delivery good service and confident that they have some of the best pads on the market [Smile]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: