www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Red Rev 3 tintop turbo (returns)

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilly

Feedback Score: 0

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo (returns) Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi, I’m new to imoc and this is my first MR2.

As suggested in the title I am new to the forum, my MR2 however isn’t!

I became the owner in April. Looking over the forum history, I can see this car has been owned by forum members for years! Nails built the car to where it is today.

He added a lot of great mods and left an in depth build thread for me to find out all I needed to know about the history of the car! So a big thanks Nails, you put together a great MR2!

Since April nothing much has changed cosmetically. Apart from a good machine polish! Added an NRG quick release boss to the Nardi personal wheel to give a better driving position/more safety when she’s parked at work. But that’s about it.

Mechanically there were various areas that needed a little attention.
Firstly the front tyres were knackered and the alignment was way out! On the ride home from picking her up I felt like I was going to fall off the road. Got half way home and wondered if I’d made a huge mistake. 😂
So a trip to Elite in Rainham, full alignment and 2 new Hankook V12 to match up with the rears. It was like a different car!! The fronts were so old they were out of shape! So you can imagine how bad it felt. I’ve never known a more tyre sensitive car to be honest.

I then gave the car to Mark at Advance Evolution. To have a look over and give her a full service.
Coolant flushed/replaced, engine oil, gearbox oil, Toyota fuel filter, Toyota oil filter, Toyota thermostat and a gearbox seal on the drivers side. Also replaced the piper cross air filter with an ITG filter for the ARC airbox. Bled the brakes, new brake fluid and sorted a seized caliper on the n/s/r.

I sent the CT20b turbo to Midland Turbo for a rebuild with a Steel turbine, they also replaced the actuator. Great service btw. Had the turbo back within the week looking like new. Whilst the turbo was off we noticed the berk downpipe was cracked so Mark welded it up. Refitted the turbo with new Toyota gaskets.
Had some issues with irregular boost, spiking all over the place so changed the solenoid for the Greddy Boost Controller which sorted this. Then the Blitz BOV got stuck open! So removed it took it apart sanded the piston, re oiled and all is good! Currently running 1.2bar, pulls to redline effortlessly.

That’s where I’m up to now! Really getting to know this great little car!
There are more bits I’d like to change, but for now I’m just going to enjoy it for the rest of the summer! Really surprised how good the handling is after hearing all the horror stories about MR2’s! I’ve never driven a car you can power out of corners so early in 😁

Spec:
Super Red Rev 3 ‘96’ tintop turbo

Advan SA3R 17x8/17x9
Hankook Ventus V12 F215/40R17 : R245/40R17
Meister R Coilovers
EBC Red stuff Pads
Goodrich Braided Brake Lines
Radtec Chargecooler
Arc airbox / ITG filter
Blitz BOV
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Berk Downpipe
Greddy Profec B spec ii (1.2bar High setting)
Steel Turbine Ct20b
Magnecor Ignition Leads
NGK Plugs

Aeroware Splitter
Toms skirts, rear bumper, spoiler.

Trying to upload pictures... [Brick wall]
[/img]
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

you need 5 or 10 posts to do the pictures. upload to imgur, then copy the images address. Use the image button, [img]<<< this needs to go at the start of your image link then this >>>>[/img] at the end.

[img]image URL goes here[/img]

and your pic should display.

www.straitupstudios.co.uk
Dilly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok, thanks for the heads up..

Cue me posting lots of dumb questions to get my numbers up! [Very Happy]
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Dilly wrote:

it's the imoc way mate [thumleft]
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ryan S wrote:
Dilly wrote:

it's the imoc way mate [thumleft]

Yup i've got like 15k posts and i'm still asking dumb questions
platmatt8

Feedback Score: 11

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Welcome
Dilly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

platmatt8 wrote:
Welcome

Thanks!

I’ll post pictures ASAP..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

if you're struggling gimme a shout and i'll get them up for you [thumleft]
Dilly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ryan S wrote:

Appreciate it! Just got to get a few extra posts in I think!
Dilly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ryan S wrote:

Appreciate it! Just got to get a few extra posts in I think!
Dilly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ryan S wrote:

Appreciate it! Just got to get a few extra posts in I think! [Laughing]
Dilly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Dancing]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: