A bit smokey

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GMLive

A bit smokey

Post by GMLive »

Hey folks

1993 rev 2 Na 3sge 100k on the clock, in the 15 years I've owned it not had much of a thrashing, any how Just brought my Mr2 out of retirement after 4 years off the road, still got the original but very very clean 5w40 fully synthetic oil in and as yet needs to be fully serviced new oils and fluids, I tried to drain the fuel tank by syphoning it but nothing came out so just added 6litres of shell v power, primed the pump and she started, I've started it every day for the past 2 weeks for 15min up to operating temperature but I've noticed if I take the rpm to 2.5k to 3k then instantly let off grey blue smoke comes out also when ever I start from cold it will take a few cranks then start and out comes a load of smoke.

I know I should change the oil before I started it which i will do but the smoke is a concern as I want to get it down an have an Mot, just finishing off the brakes and suspension bits then it ready but with the smoke when you let off I don't think it will pass an emissions test.

I have gauges in the car, oil pressure is very good, and vacuum is a rock steady 25hg and stays at that even at 3k, Doesn't smoke on idle at all and if I take it up to 3k then going the rpm down slowly it does t smoke it's only when I snappy the throttle a bit of Smoke will poor out, is this a sign the valve seals are shot?
Draven

Re: A bit smokey

Post by Draven »

I personally would swap the oil out and then go for a decent drive. 15 minutes isn't enough to burn off excess moisture..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: A bit smokey

Post by Ryan S »

thread locked. Banned user off another new account :roll:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”