www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> International MR2 Clubs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokyWheels

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hello,Everyone,I'm New Here!

I've got MR2 Turbo 1993 and I want to give the car a good service. So there is a few questions.

1st What oil to use ? Spark Plugs?Air Filter Brand and Fuel Filter?

2nd How often should I change the engine oil?

3rd Where is cheapest place to buy in UK?

My driving habits is unusual and I use the car daily,sometimes I drive it like I stole it.[Very Happy]

The car is stock and running 16 to 17 psi according to the gauge mounted inside the instrument panel or cluster.

Your advise based on your experience will be appreciated! [thumleft]

Many Thanks
Hez

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi mate, people tend to get too hung up on details when I comes to servicing in my opinion. Oil wise you won't go wrong with a good quality ester synthetic be it 5w40, 10w40 or 5w50 etc. (I always used Millers cfs 10w40 on a 450hp lump Road use.). I would probably change it every 6k at the most if you're driving it like you stole it.
That being said if you're from Iceland you're probably better getting oil on the thinner side.

Plugs you won't go wrong with BKR6E they are a grade cooler for the extra boost and they are cheap as chips.

As for filters just get any well known brand or genuine Toyota, the mechanic I used who is pretty well known for building high power Mr2 uses Blueprint filters and never had problems.

I have used Opie Oils in the past who seem to stock everything you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> International MR2 Clubs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: