[Mk2] [Turbo] Chargecooler pump mounting options

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Chargecooler pump mounting options

Post by Ryan S »

I'll deffo look into that, the car will be on it's wheels again on Sunday so I may roll it out and whip the bumper off and fit pump, pre-rad and hoses etc :)

Excellent input as always, thanks again :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:
sheppy wrote:Aww that is some great feedback Mark cheers, so I guess as long as the swirl pot (or the place where you fill up the system) is at the highest point it will be ok, I will most definitely fit a bleed valve of some description if my pre-rad doesn't already have one!

Just checked your link, I have the same pre-rad :)

The ST205 core itself acts as a swirl pop - give it an overflow pot and Robert is your mother's brother!

I have the thing from avt/. Not exactly a swirl pot but a wee filler neck thing, I might actually make something up instead as i'm not sold on the quality of it to be honest!
shinny

Post by shinny »

sheppy wrote:I have the thing from avt/. Not exactly a swirl pot but a wee filler neck thing, I might actually make something up instead as i'm not sold on the quality of it to be honest!

Ah - if you're not using the ST205 core then you certainly could do with some form of filler neck / swirl pot at the highest point :thumleft:

sheppy wrote:Excellent input as always, thanks again :thumleft:

You're welcome... happy to help :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:
sheppy wrote:I have the thing from avt/. Not exactly a swirl pot but a wee filler neck thing, I might actually make something up instead as i'm not sold on the quality of it to be honest!

Ah - if you're not using the ST205 core then you certainly could do with some form of filler neck / swirl pot at the highest point :thumleft:

sheppy wrote:Excellent input as always, thanks again :thumleft:

You're welcome... happy to help :thumleft:

Yeah i basically have a whole avt/pwr kit, the core is one of their old style ones, same as a frozenboost one :)

http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index.php ... cts_id=185

This is the filler neck thing I have, it looks good here but the cap fit is shoddy at best, I guess I could get a decent cap for it but I do like the idea of a proper swirl pot so may not use this :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

holy thread revival!!!

So, car's on the road. CC was working well until today. I'm almost sure the pump is tired as the flow is fairly pathetic (the pump was used when I bought it). I seem to have sooo much air at the front and whenever I bleed it out it stops pumping (as though the air shifts into the pump).

After reading this thread i'm tempted to move the pump to the rear or replacing the pump entirely, I'm really not sold on the bosch one at all. The flow just doesn't seem strong enough for the amount of lift needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l8zMJZIvd4

This was after nearly a full day of arsing about with it/bleeding it and then today no flow whatsoever.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Meh....All working fine again today. Cureently bleeding again and loooooads of air coming out. Gonna just keep at it. Opening the bleed valve on the pre rad seems to stop flow completely so not gonna bother with that. Giving the car a good "shoogle" seems to move some air too.

https://youtu.be/s3GrN_daVAk
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

If things don't look like they are flowing, usually large air pocket in there.
I had to open the bleed valve on the pre rad to get anywhere.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah it's deffo been full of trapped air Jim. Spent a few hours at it today and it appears to be flowing pretty well now. Although it was before too and it stopped so I'll be keeping an eye on it. Still very underwhelmed by the pump. A pump that can suck air through it without stopping flow would be much better in this instance.

Hopefully running it will shift any air pockets. Got 4 weeks left before mapping :)

https://youtu.be/ckZiauK90Tc

Just took this video just now. Flow looks ok with no air bubbles, I cannot believe how much air came out today after my last bleeding session with it.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

also, Total coincidence these posts are 4 years to the day apart!! :lol: :lol:
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

You don't use a swirl pot?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

No just that wee inline tank thing.

http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index.php ... cts_id=185

Been checking this everytime I stop the car now. Been working perfect after I got the rest of the air out. Hotside is hot, Coldside is cold. No air bubbles and i have good flow everytime I've checked.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Repeated checks with this now. All seems to be working well.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

still no issues. Don't appear to have lost any water either which is obviously good. I'd quite like to add a tank somewhere to increase the water volume but it's fine for now.

Return to “Modifications”