Anyone done a quick release bumper?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Anyone done a quick release bumper?

Post by Ryan S »

As in title. Not happy with how my bumper is fitting. Those wee plates for the bolts in the wing from the stock bumper are a total pain and to get it fitting 100% it's gonna need to be off and on loads of times. I'm toying with just not using the wing bolts and getting some quick release ties. Any opinions?
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: Anyone done a quick release bumper?

Post by JAAASH »

Interested to see the replies and your progress on this. Something I've pondered doing at some point too :-k
Those wing nuts are a right ballache!

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Maybe get in touch with jdnymr2 on instagram - he's running wide wheels, air ride etc. and I'm fairly certain his bumper is removable as it has the visible quick release ties.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I took the plunge and bought the wee quick release bits, only 6 quid off ebay. Everwhere else will be bolted up except the flat part (the front) or the wings, Those really horrible to access ones. And in their place i'm gonna put the release tabs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YELLOW-JDM-Q ... ctupt=true

Will get this done next week.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

JAAASH wrote:Interested to see the replies and your progress on this. Something I've pondered doing at some point too :-k
Those wing nuts are a right ballache!

Yeah no kidding man. even without the quick release tabs i'm sure the 5 bolts on the frunk and the 3 bolts on each wing would be more than enough to hold it. My issue is the wee stock plate bit. I've taken that and put it into the border and it's ever so slightly off. i can't have that now haha!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”