www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufer

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey guys! I have a small dilemma. The pad wear indicator of the rear brakes was downside on my vehicle. In the BGB are at the topside, as the front indicators too. I've seen some pictures in some forums which are showing also a downside and a topside position. What is exactly right or wrong - down or top? Maybe it depends from the model - MK1a or MK1b? Does somebody know the true position of the wear indicator? There are many differences between MK1a and MK1b. Is it possible MK1a (till July 1986) has the wear indicator down? My AW11- MK1a was produced in May 1986. I have never found a BGB from that year - the oldest I have is from 1988. And tomorrow I have to change my pads for MOT! Could somebody help me with a good advice?
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 3

2014 BMW 1 Series

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

From memory, I don’t think it will make a difference . The pads are symmetrical, so with them fitting both ways around, I wouldn’t worry about it.
ufer

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks! I came to the same opinion and the brakes are already fitted. Have a nice day and weekend... [Very Happy]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: