Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ufer

Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a

Post by ufer »

Hey guys! I have a small dilemma. The pad wear indicator of the rear brakes was downside on my vehicle. In the BGB are at the topside, as the front indicators too. I've seen some pictures in some forums which are showing also a downside and a topside position. What is exactly right or wrong - down or top? Maybe it depends from the model - MK1a or MK1b? Does somebody know the true position of the wear indicator? There are many differences between MK1a and MK1b. Is it possible MK1a (till July 1986) has the wear indicator down? My AW11- MK1a was produced in May 1986. I have never found a BGB from that year - the oldest I have is from 1988. And tomorrow I have to change my pads for MOT! Could somebody help me with a good advice?
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Re: Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a

Post by SySanguinary »

From memory, I don't think it will make a difference . The pads are symmetrical, so with them fitting both ways around, I wouldn't worry about it.
ufer

Re: Rear brakes MR2 AW11 - MK1a

Post by ufer »

Thanks! I came to the same opinion and the brakes are already fitted. Have a nice day and weekend... :D

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”