www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Markstevieandmads Budget Turbo Project: PART TWO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Crying or Very sad]

Sorry to see this mate, but with all these things, the fact you're able to write this post is paramount, way over and above a wrecked MR2.

Cars can be replaced, lives can't. Still a sickener though!!
[Sad]
nathan.z

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So sorry to read this but I'm glad you walked away from the accident. We have very similar setups and funnily enough I'm due to get to married in Aug. I'm impressed you were 2nd in the RWD Cat. That gives me confidence with running mine at an event. (Something I've never done before) Would you blame the tyres or weather for the accident? I mention this as I've had Toyo Proxes TR1's from new before and wasn't a fan.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

nathan.z wrote:
So sorry to read this but I'm glad you walked away from the accident. We have very similar setups and funnily enough I'm due to get to married in Aug. I'm impressed you were 2nd in the RWD Cat. That gives me confidence with running mine at an event. (Something I've never done before) Would you blame the tyres or weather for the accident? I mention this as I've had Toyo Proxes TR1's from new before and wasn't a fan.

The tyres i think def let me down. It wasnt wet (i made sure i didnt run in the wet) and i just pushed it too far. Im sure something with better grip like ad08's and i would have been fine.
Though saying that, i should have known the limits. The run before , the rear end slipped a bit too but i managed to control that. I thought now they was warmer id be ok to push it again - i guess my take off was quicker hence me being quicker into the turn.
My brother in laws comment was i took off a lot quicker than my previous runs ("like a rocket" apparently).
The go pro footage shows me ploughing into the wall head on but i cant work out how the rest of the car was damaged. Ive obviously spun but i would of said the way i lost it, it would have been the drivers side rear that would have been worse off but it was the passenger side rear.
Unfortunately the go pro camera dropped after the iniital head on into the wall so you cant see anything else.

I am getting a hankering to reshell, but i think i need to step back from the scene for a bit.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Get a nice rev5 shell for it mate [Very Happy]

www.straitupstudios.co.uk
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The only way to make this ok is to re shell and get that time!
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ive talked my parents round (im 40 lol) just got to get the wife round to it.

Im hoping my wedding present to her will do it [Wink] lol

So please all keep an eye on a shell for me.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Deffo will mate. You got a budget in mind? Tin top? Tbar? Sunroof etc? Rev1? Rev5?
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As minimum a spend as possible.
Think it would have to be a tbar as i only use it when its not raining anyway.

I wont be going back on track again.

Any rev will do i suppose though the newer the better. I can weld though the less work to do the better.
It will treated to a full polybush and rust prevention and treatment anyway before anything is transferred over.
muckyman

Feedback Score: 3

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'll let you buy my Rev5 turbo (Magic Beans' old car, and my second time owning it)...... [Whistle]
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Whole car now for sale or parts on fb
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Aww Mark, only just seen this. That's such a shame after all the hard work you've put in over the years [Sad]

My MR2 Build - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: