Interior lever question

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Keelanw

Interior lever question

Post by Keelanw »

Hi all. This has been bugging me now trying to find out what this is. I dont have a pic but im sure youll all know what im talking about.

On the mk2 mr2's when you open the drivers or passenger door theres a black tab / lever with an arrow on it under the door catch. It moves to the side and springs back. What is this and what does it do? Id appreciate any info as its driving me mad tryig to understand what it is or does .
shinny

Re: Interior lever question

Post by shinny »

Keelanw wrote:Hi all. This has been bugging me now trying to find out what this is. I dont have a pic but im sure youll all know what im talking about.

On the mk2 mr2's when you open the drivers or passenger door theres a black tab / lever with an arrow on it under the door catch. It moves to the side and springs back. What is this and what does it do? Id appreciate any info as its driving me mad tryig to understand what it is or does .

You must have a JDM import. It's connected to the seatbelt mechanisms so they only tension when the door is closed (or something like that). UK cars did not some with that and there's just a blacking plate where that would be.
Keelanw

Re: Interior lever question

Post by Keelanw »

Jesus i would of never even tought of that. Ill give that a go this evening and see does that happen.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”