Peter Gidden @ Sbits - TBC

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

J-1

Peter Gidden @ Sbits - TBC

Post by J-1 »

First of all I have to admit, I completely forgot about this section of the forum, however I will be giving detailed feedback about Peter @ Sbits as I have been dealing with him since 2014 in the planning and subsequently building of my 5SGTE engine.

The car is back with Peter at the moment (issues encountered – full details later) and I will be giving feedback upon the completion of his work (hopefully this weekend!) and after the running in and mapping session I have booked on Tuesday 26th September.

To be continued, so watch this space in the next week or so…
J-1

Re: Peter Gidden @ Sbits - TBC

Post by J-1 »

Hoping to have this thread updated very soon.

Apologies Admin for the delay.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Yep. More than happy to post up my findings from when the car came back from the company in Scotland.

I did email my report with photograps to Jay, but more than happy to put a link up here within the next few days.
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Good job no one has held their breath waiting on that. :roll:

Tell you what though, Peter... You go right ahead and tell your version of the FULL story detailing ALL the issues my car had (including the timing belt issue and the respective invoice that followed) and be VERY clear on which company in Scotland. I would hate for there to be any confusion here about who you are referring to because I have had the car at a few places in Scotland now. Don't go editing the report either as I have a copy of it (amongst emails / texts etc regarding other things) for reference as well.
Oh!! Nearly forgot.... Please don't forget to tell the part about you REFUSING to call "that company" to discuss "the issue", despite me asking you several times to call them. Also mention how many times the owner of "that company" tried contacting you to only be ignored.

Unfortunately I am in no position to conclude my personal experience in using Peter Gidden of sBits for work on my car as the car is still broken (details on that to follow too!) and simply don't have the time / desire to fix it as I have got enough going on in my life just now.
The end of 2017, in to and through 2018 was quite a turbulent time for me in my personal life (pregnancies, miscarriages, births of new (healthy) babies, work, general life) so the car has been put on the back burner, but I can assure you, the back burner is still very much lit and conclusion will be drawn to all this when the time is right for me, and only then.

So until then, Peter, fill your boots and enlighten the good people / traders of IMOC. :thumleft:
Charged

Post by Charged »

J-1 wrote:Hoping to have this thread updated very soon.

J-1 - with all due respect and as per my PM, you haven't actually provided any detail as to what your complaint is and your original post is over a year old. The recent update doesn't really shed any further light either.

Please update this thread in a timely fashion.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Charged wrote:
J-1 wrote:Hoping to have this thread updated very soon.

J-1 - with all due respect and as per my PM, you haven't actually provided any detail as to what your complaint is and your original post is over a year old. The recent update doesn't really shed any further light either.

Please update this thread in a timely fashion.

I created this thread at a time when I thought things were just about there with the car, but I collected it (twice!) as a non-runner. Both ocassions came with different issues which took time and money to resolve.

I'm giving Peter the perfect opportunity to post his report on his findings now though. I have absolutely no issues with this and hope he does so.

I simply can't conclude this whole thing as it's broken and I have no time to fix it (see above post regarding my personal life).

If this thread needs deleted then so be it.
Ryan S

Post by Ryan S »

That's not what's being said bud, Your being asked to provide details of the faults or why it wasn't working when you collected it from s-bits. So fire away :thumleft:

Return to “Trader Feedback”