[Mk2] [Generic] Clutch line pic request.

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

[Mk2] [Generic] Clutch line pic request.

Post by Ryan S »

Ok, So the clutch line from the metal pipe at the rear to the slave cylinder is drawing in air. It feels like it's sealed but deffo hasn't. I've managed to conclude that it's deffo this part. Does anyone have a pic of the standard oem fitting that goes into the slave cylinder? I'm convinced I have the wrong part.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-T ... 2926058907

This is the line I have in the link.

This is the fitting on the end that goes to the slave cylinder. It doesn't feel right to me and is obviously leaking. I did have some clutch but noticed a drip from here so took it out and reseated it. This made it a lot worse. To the point where I can't bleed it with the vacuum bleeder. The only other thing it could be is inside the slave cylinder, I REEEEALLY don't want to remove the slave cylinder so what are my option to repair in situ? There must be something I can screw into it that will seal and give me a female fitting that I can put the line on to?
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Clutch line pic request.

Post by pbmr2 »

looks like the wrong cable at the hard line end.. how is that going to be held in with the spring clip?

the other end (slave) looks ok.

I had a similar problem with the HEL hose, which also had the wrong fitting at the chassis end.

this is a stock one.. you can't quite see the groove where the spring clip goes but it's there. good image of the slave end
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

pbmr2 wrote:looks like the wrong cable at the hard line end.. how is that going to be held in with the spring clip?

the other end (slave) looks ok.

I had a similar problem with the HEL hose, which also had the wrong fitting at the chassis end.

this is a stock one.. you can't quite see the groove where the spring clip goes but it's there. good image of the slave end

It's the slave end I'm having issue with. The fitting in my pic is two pieces. The thread is seperate and simply pulls the line into the slave cylinder. I have it so tight that i feel like it's gonna break. And at that it's still taking in air :(

Can't see your image.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Is that the line that goes from the bulkhead near the engine mount across to the slave cyl? Get a goodridge braided replacement, that's what I did when I ran into issues with mine! Bob Hatton does them.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

toxo wrote:Is that the line that goes from the bulkhead near the engine mount across to the slave cyl? Get a goodridge braided replacement, that's what I did when I ran into issues with mine! Bob Hatton does them.

That the one mate, The threads on mine look all damaged now too. I think I've cross threaded it. Although, When it was "cross threaded" that's when i had the best seal. You don't happen to have a pic of the goodridge fitting at the slave side do you? I have searched google.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Possibly one in one of my ancient threads, I only sold it 8 years ago :lol:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

toxo wrote:Possibly one in one of my ancient threads, I only sold it 8 years ago :lol:

Ha!! I'll have a search haha!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

goodridge line is only £20. I'll grab one. The one I originally bought wasn't due to the price, It was just the first one that popped up when I searched for one.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ordered a goodridge. Should be here tomorrow. Glad to read I'm ot the only person that's had issues with this.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

So...The goodridge line is COMPLETELY different from the MLR one.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

But does it fit? :D I remember the blue AN adaptor on the end from mine now you've put that up.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

toxo wrote:But does it fit? :D I remember the blue AN adaptor on the end from mine now you've put that up.

I hope it fits!! Bob Hatton said to me that the goodridge line is the same fittings as the stock one. So might explain why the other one didn't fit. What it doesn't explain is why I had any clutch at all with the MLR line. Hopefully this just goes in and seal without hassle!

Return to “Mechanical”