[Mk2] [Generic] Coolant bottle delete

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Coolant bottle delete

Post by Ryan S »

Cheers Jim, I guess my only real option is to keep an eye on it for now, when i bled the radiator i just kept topping it up then finally put the cap on. The bottle was empty and when car was up to temp it spat out a little bit, it hasn't sucked all the coolant back up but i keep topping it up when it cools down.

Cheers Blogsy! With a bit of luck I'll have this mapped and running 500bhp for summer but even getting it running in standard(ish) form has been one thing after another so who knows!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

With cap open and bleeding it won't have the full effect but for sure is the correct way to bleed.
Once the system is closed, it will push out and suck back in based on vaacum only created when it's cooling back down.

Gets hot, water and hoses expand, (and coolant into can), cooling down hoses go back to normal creating the vaacum required to pull water back in.

Rad cap is 2way.
Spring seals main part shut, the small tiny metal section in middle moves and open with vaacum applied, ie blow through that expansion nipple hose and you'll see it working with it removed.

End of the day the thermo should keep car at a constant 82-85c so no matter what hell your giving the car it shouldnt push out much more than normal, if any :thumleft:

Fitting a clear hose you'll see the magic work.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, i only stopped when there were no air bubbles at the front of the car from the heater bleed valve and the radiator. The heater took forever to bleed.

Return to “Modifications”