Power Steering Issue

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Black Light 93

Power Steering Issue

Post by Black Light 93 »

So on my 93 mk2 ive developed some issues with the power steering. The ps light does work as it turns on for about 2 seconds when ignition is on. Im not getting any power steering light turn on indicating a fault when driving etc. My first efforts were to check the relay. Ive done the old key on and off trick and no luck.

Ive checked the relay with a multimeter and im getting 12v on the relay when the electrics are off and 0v when on. I can feel it and hear it click. Then i checked the pump i measured resistance on the terminals on the top getting 0 omhs and with electrics on and off im getting 0v. Ive followed the self diagnostic technique as per manual and the ps light just flashes continuously not indicating any patten. If i turn the wheel the light still continues to flash. When above 20mph the light turns solid (while diagnostic pin is still connected) but when less than 20mph it resumes to a flash. Im a little lost for ideas on what else to try does anyone have any ideas on what else i can try or what might the problem be? I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thank you

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”