[Mk2] [Turbo] Really odd issue

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ralliart

[Mk2] [Turbo] Really odd issue

Post by Ralliart »

Seeing as there isnt a 'bonkers' section i'll just put this here.

Went to start my rev3 turbo today after a month or so and I leave the battery out of the car. Put it back in but wrong way round :oops: it sparked then I put it the right way in and went to start the car - all good.

Went for a small run came to turn car off and the key was out but the car still running. It does have a turbo timer that was working however now its just a blank screen. So to switch it off I have to put it 5th gear and release clutch. Although the car switched off all the dash lights were still on. So I disconnected the battery, again.

Fast forward an hour and everything is Ok. Turbo timer lights up - car starts and switches off as it should. However I dont want this happening again especially if I am away from home so what do we think happened. Turbo timer playing up? Fuse? Dont mind disconnecting the TT if its simple enough.? I did check all the fuses and they all 'seemed' ok.

Other than that its developed a misfire at 3-4k rpm / smoke from cam cover still burning off [replaced with new tooyta seals and not leaking. Must be previous whats resting on manifold].

Oh the joys of old jap cars :D

Return to “Electrical”