total car respray

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: total car respray

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:Thanks Thomp I will give him a call. Much closer.....

Guys let's not gave a b!tchfest against each other - all have good experience and we're all here to learn and help where we can so no point having a slag at each other.

Androo is right, I'm sorry guys, group hug?? :lol:

Keep us updated with the car man, looking forward to seeing it, I assume you've spoken to Alan about it??
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Better the Sheppy Show than the Gidion Show! People were scared to ask a question knowing that Peter would come back with some derogatory one liner. Do you remember that guy who asked if he could fit a suspension spring from another car? Poor guy's probably never dared go on another car forum! I'm only joking really....we all love Peter (because we need his knowledge lol) :lol: :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

No comment...
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Just don't mention compression ratios!...
No 2 :(
Nic

Post by Nic »

MR2 Rich wrote:Just don't mention compression ratios!...

....or squish....
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
androo007

Post by androo007 »

sheppy wrote:

Keep us updated with the car man, looking forward to seeing it, I assume you've spoken to Alan about it??

Cheers Shepp . Not yet as he's still miiiiiles away so trying a little more local but his work looks great too.

Yes as a newbie I have noticed some 'sharp' responces for no reason from some members. Put it down to old age :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Cheers Shepp . Not yet as he's still miiiiiles away so trying a little more local but his work looks great too.

Yes as a newbie I have noticed some 'sharp' responces for no reason from some members. Put it down to old age :lol:

Just let me know if you want me to speak to the guy who did my car, although he's even further away :lol:
Try to ignore the sharp responses, you've seen what happens when you retaliate :lol: :lol:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

lol we can actually arrange a collection delivery service as we have a flat bed trailer for cars weve done in the past that have no engines and such

totally up to you of course mate i would understand if you wanted closer as its easier to go get pics half way through and such

:)

on a plus note i ordered my paint for my car today

Blu Glauco Paint code on car : LAMBOR-0123 - PPG code : 0123

androo007

Post by androo007 »

Thanks again Sheppy.

Alan - I'm 25 miles up from Brighton..... I guess it'd be quite a lot? Could you PM me some prices?

PS wow wow that's gonna look sweet.
bigal

Post by bigal »

alan_uk wrote:i actually love this color too

Yes, that is very nice :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SCA-Refi ... 7550150411

Had some very good quality work done here, and it was very reasonably priced too.
Ali's Gts

Post by Ali's Gts »

Hate to resurrect a old thread but I'd thought it would be better to do this rather then make a new thread.

I'm based in Milton keynes and like others don't mind traveling for a good paint job. My dilemma that I'm currently facing is there is a black mr2 rev 3 that needs work (ie turbo rust repairs etc) But it's in the colour I want.

Or I can buy a well looked after red mr2 turbo rev 3 however I will need a full colour change respray.

Any ideas on which I should do and also any good garages located near me... Or do I just drive up to andy or Scotland :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

my paint still looks as fresh as the day it was painted. However. The guy is no longer painting.
Rory

Post by Rory »

If you have a good body shop in mind along with a good budget and patience to have it done properly then go for the black one. I was under the same dilemma years back and ended up having my perfect mr2 build and sprayed.
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Depend on stock parts are being fitted as it will save a lot of time... In my experience all aftermarket body work panels need work and none are bolt on and paint.... This will help make the cost lower..... I would probably get the red one as rust free would be cheaper further down the road imho :thumleft:
Rory

Post by Rory »

Post some photos of your options
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

I'd sooner go for the 'looked after' red car which runs well than a bit of a project needing work - colour isn't really that important. At the end of the day you're not going to see the outside of it while you're driving! Plus red does look really good on an MR2.

Personal preference though. I'm at the point now where I'm sick of project cars because of motivation, time, endless expenditure etc. so would go for reliability and minimal upkeep over appearance now.

My MR2 was black when I bought it and I ended up getting it resprayed yellow as I was fed up of washing it every few days - and the lines/curves/shape of the car are really highlighted now which I also like! :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

CalMac wrote:I'd sooner go for the 'looked after' red car which runs well than a bit of a project needing work - colour isn't really that important. At the end of the day you're not going to see the outside of it while you're driving! Plus red does look really good on an MR2.

Personal preference though. I'm at the point now where I'm sick of project cars because of motivation, time, endless expenditure etc. so would go for reliability and minimal upkeep over appearance now.

My MR2 was black when I bought it and I ended up getting it resprayed yellow as I was fed up of washing it every few days - and the lines/curves/shape of the car are really highlighted now which I also like! :)

same reason i don't like black on an mr2. I feel like the curves etc are all invisible. Like a big black void driving down the road!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”