[Mk2] [Turbo] Remove mbc to return to stock

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oddshoes

[Mk2] [Turbo] Remove mbc to return to stock

Post by oddshoes »

Hi All

I recently bought a mk2 turbo (rev2 turbo) as a project been a while since I have had a turbo and been about 10 years since I have had a rev1, I want to return it it to stock it currently has a mbc and blitz bov!

Anyone got any bits or have a link to returning to stock please

Thanks

Dave[/b]
Rory

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Remove mbc to return to stock

Post by Rory »

Hey. I think removing the mbc should be easy. Just find it and replace it with a straight piece of pipe. The stock recurculation valve may be harder to come by. I can understand removing the bov but why do you wish to remove the mbc and make it slower? How much boost is it currently running?
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

I bought it as a project as the head gasket has possible gone but I want to return it to a fairly stock motor as it's a rev2 turbo tin top in aircon, it also has cruise control too.

The mbc is venting to atmosphere as it has 3 ports. I want to see it stock to get it right and then take it from there
Rory

Post by Rory »

https://youtu.be/79uKJqxTy8s

Check this video. I'm pretty sure you just need to remove the mbc and join the 2 pipes going into it. Or better still replace with a single pipe and don't have a join.
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

youll also need to reconnect the tvsv if its been blocked/plugged....(right hand actuator port)

Return to “Modifications”