Insurance recommendations

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

VGB

Insurance recommendations

Post by VGB »

Good afternoon,

So looks like I've bagged myself a V6 Mr2.
Can anyone give recommendations on who to use for insurance and rough idea of what it's costing. A quick check on compare the market and it's coming up around £400.
I've yet to try Adrian Flux which would be my next go to.
rainen

Re: Insurance recommendations

Post by rainen »

I'm with Adrian Flux and have an agreed valuation policy of £6,500 which costs me currently around £450. I've only got 30% NCD as its a second car policy and my full no claims is on my other. I have a V6 Rev 5 MK2 which I converted myself.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Thanks for the response. Best I give Flux a call. How do you come to an agreement on the value of the car?
rainen

Post by rainen »

You tell them what you are looking for. Provide a full list of modifications including all costings plus the cost of the base car. Send in six pictures (front, back, both sides, inside and engine bay. They then come back with what they say is their agreed valuation offer. I went for £8,500 and they gave me £6,500 which I was happy with as I do all of my own fixing. This is a side policy to the main insurance which does market value until such time as the value is agreed, costs about £50.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Cheers, sorted. Hopefully pick the car up Saturday and insurance is sorted so all good to enjoy.

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”