Defi Oil gauge sensor

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shane34
Premium Member

Defi Oil gauge sensor

Post by shane34 »

Looks like mine has stopped working.

Any ideas where i can get a replacement for this?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Defi Oil gauge sensor

Post by Martin F »

shane34 wrote:Looks like mine has stopped working.

Any ideas where i can get a replacement for this?

I would go through all the wiring first, especially where it goes through the car body or around the engine bay area, very easy for a wire/connector to break , get rusty or just have a bad earth.

if you ever contemplate selling up give me a shout, your car is one of the few that would get me back into the fold ;)
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Cheer Martin will take a look at this. The guage flashes with a red dot. I'll see if there is a manual that could help.

Regarding the car I have no reason to sell. New house has a double garage so it has a home haha. Hoping next year to have some track/strip time. Booked in with fensport, tho they are busy until November. So I might get it back this year fully mapped and complete. Well complete until I think of something else
shinny

Post by shinny »

Absolutely agree, check all the wiring first! You don't say if it's pressure or temperature, but that's not relevant. The pressure sensor in particular is expensive, but neither's signal is so sensitive that it can't be repaired with solder and heatshrink.

Now that does NOT apply to the EGT sensor... that's a sensitive beast that requires the correct metals in the correct wires all the way from the sensor back to the control unit and deals with very small voltage signals.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Temp which.

I noticed it started to fail a couple of times, now it just doesn't work so maybe a lose connection
ryanaj79

Post by ryanaj79 »

what colour gauges you have? Ive got an oil BF blue one for sale

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”