91 rev 1 na glimited "super edition" value?

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

91 rev 1 na glimited "super edition" value?

Post by Bear87 »

Hi guys,

So my tubby is being rebuilt and will soon be on the road. So im thinking of selling my steel mist grey na daily litterally to buy a suzuki jimny for the Mrs (her choice first car - dont hate on me for it) Shes on 107000 mix of miles and kilometers. Totally standard and drives great. Just had new clutch and service. Body is a little tatty but no rust the m.o.t guy couldnt quite believe it. Its a t top and will have x4 brand new tyres on some good condition aftermarket alloys.
What sort of money should i be asking? The market seems to change daily for na's

Thanks in advance :thumleft:
aussieGT

Re: 91 rev 1 na glimited "super edition" value?

Post by aussieGT »

whats a 'super edition'? I haven't heard of one of those before.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

aussieGT wrote:whats a 'super edition'? I haven't heard of one of those before.

Neither had i lol but there is a few about. Seems to only be on glimited cars. I can only assume its a trim spec. Has full leather seats, air con etc other than that its a sticker on the door :roll:

Oh and steering fogs ha ha
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Bear87 wrote: Seems to only be on glimited cars. I can only assume its a trim spec. Has full leather seats, air con etc other than that its a sticker on the door :roll:

Oh and steering fogs ha ha

I have seen pictures and possibly one of those cars before in the flesh, but a true 'rarity' if there ever was one.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Nice find gazza. Know what any of it means in english? :lol:
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

i have one and gazza sent me the link the other day, the only things I know are different are elglow rear badge,momo steering wheel (mine has been changed by a previous owner to a snap off one, and momo gear knob , also the key with MR2 logo (not sure but haven't seen another one ) and of course the stickers :D
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

mrhappy62 wrote:i have one and gazza sent me the link the other day, the only things I know are different are elglow rear badge,momo steering wheel (mine has been changed by a previous owner to a snap off one, and momo gear knob , also the key with MR2 logo (not sure but haven't seen another one ) and of course the stickers :D

Mine has standard rear badge, standard steering wheel, i have the usual 2 keys ive had with my other 2's. Thing is after 27 years who knows whats been changed! Im just happy it was never cut up and poorly modded.

Are they all steel mist grey?
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

Not sure about that mine is and there is or was one for sale on the bay ! also not sure if there were 250 or 850 made ! would be nice to find out more about them. I wouldn't sell mine for less than 1500 but have spent quite a lot on it.
the rear badge is hard to tell unless its really dark but I recently removed mine for a bumper change and had to disconnect the wires to it (sell for 300+) not that i would.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

mrhappy62 wrote:Not sure about that mine is and there is or was one for sale on the bay ! also not sure if there were 250 or 850 made ! would be nice to find out more about them. I wouldn't sell mine for less than 1500 but have spent quite a lot on it.
the rear badge is hard to tell unless its really dark but I recently removed mine for a bumper change and had to disconnect the wires to it (sell for 300+) not that i would.

I was hoping to get around 1500 for it. Mechanically its one of the best na's i have owned with a good clean and polish she should spruce up nicely. I only bought it as a daily run about but its been so good i fear what ever i get wont be as good! Will be checking my badge out tonight! Lol
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

is yours full leather interior ? mine is half and half alcantara !
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

mrhappy62 wrote:is yours full leather interior ? mine is half and half alcantara !

Yea mine is full leather. Naturally the asumption would be that all "limited run" cars would be the same. Such little info out there im not sure what should be there and what shouldn't!

I dont have folding mirrors either. Does yours?
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

yep , aircon, steering fogs (well one now)fox cub removed one !
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

mrhappy62 wrote:yep , aircon, steering fogs (well one now)fox cub removed one !

:roll: i know the feeling a badger wrote my first mr2 off!

Im thinking mine may of had a few bits changed. May have to look if i have the wiring for the mirrors, maybe just the switch gear changed? I thought it was standard on g limited spec.

I cant see anyone sourcing super edition stuckers to put on the car :-k

I will stick her up for sale next week and see if i get any bites. Not in a rush to sell but would prefer it went to an enthusiast!
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

use mine as a daily and love it to bits :D
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Bear87 wrote:

I bet he was unlicensed as well.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

aussieGT wrote:
Bear87 wrote:

I bet he was unlicensed as well.

Yup and no insurance and had no lights on! :lol:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”