Suspension measurement question

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tellso

Suspension measurement question

Post by Tellso »

Hi all,
I recently bought 4 shocks and springs with Koni adjustable inserts fitted. The guy said it will sit lower with them on but I'm not sure what springs they have on them and if they're aftermarket or not. They're just black springs with no real markings on them. How would I know if they're not standard? Does anyone have a front and rear standard suspension strut with spring etc they can measure from say the strut top to the bottom of the spring housing?

Also, what springs should be used with these shocks?

Cheers peeps
monkeymax

Re: Suspension measurement question

Post by monkeymax »

Hi,
My set of Koni Shocks came with Lesjofors springs (no, I'd never heard of them either). I'm afraid as they're on the car and the car is far away, I can't do any measuring, but they added about 1.6 inch drop if I remember right. They were also black and unmarked as you have commented.
However, I find them too stiff and will probably change them at some point relatively soon (relatively soon in the context they've been on the car for 8 years...!).
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I think I got the group buy with Max with my Konis.

They lowered my car about 30mm.

I changed to BC Coilovers as my shocks and springs were a bit tired after 8 years too.
Tellso

Post by Tellso »

Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll just take a punt then. Stick them on and see what they look like / how the feel. Thanks

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”