[Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Grazzy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Post by Grazzy »

clickable versions
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Just a quick update. Everything is wire back up, most of the inside of the car is back inside.

seem to be having a throttle vac leak, need to play around with that this weekend,

I was having issues with the ECU (aftermarket) seems a software update has ironed these out.

almost there!!!! more pictures to come soon.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Good news, success :D engine is now running good. can go for an MOT next week, then i can take it for mapping shortly.

p.s little bit of a you tube video, slight whistle in the throttle body still looking into whats causing that.

https://youtu.be/MQxTsiFoTMk
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Good news, Ive just gotten back off my holiday and my MR2 has been completed and is stilling waiting for me with a fresh MOT.

left todo list,

Needs mapping

needs respray (this can wait for a bit in case further work is required.)

thanks for reading guys, ill update with some new videos and photo's, Big thanks to all of the forums members helped along the way, whether it was advice or parts could not have done this without you!! :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Drove the MR2 back from the garage last night. ill upload some photo's tomorrow just need to give it a quick wash/wax
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

I've not posted for a while or had the chance to log in. I have been running the MR2 in the last couple of weeks slowly. its now hit 500 miles. going to look to get in mapped in the next 200. I forgot how much i missed driving it.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

its been a log journey to get to here. tomorrow i'm dropping my tubby of at the tuners and getting the car setup :D

2 to 3 years of buying engine parts, waiting for parts, parts not fitting or just the wrong part. hopfully after this setup wont need to look at this for a while \:D/

next part is paint job
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Nice one Grazzy!

I know the feeling, it's like all your 3 years of patience suddenly runs out the day it goes in for mapping.

hope you get good results :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

this is not going a power mapping session, its more to tune the aftermarket ecu. so much has been done to this its no where near standard, even tho the base map was tweaked for all of the changes, this was not done on a dyno.

since running it ive not had it over 5k on 8psi (750miles), so this session will be to turn it up a bit. few hundred miles of boosted running in ill get it for a power session.

its been ready for mapping for a few months but got married in feb, so only just been able to get this in my budget.

they will have the car for a week, ill pick it up next weekend and ill post some dyno results. ( i have it booked in for a day worth of tuning)
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Mapping been done, this is just a safe map so it can be run in more

285bhp @ 230pft @ 10psi

Just got to go collect it, looking forward it it \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “Member Profiles”