www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Plastic welding broken fog mounts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b4ss

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Plastic welding broken fog mounts? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi,
Has anyone had any success in plastic welding broken fog light mounts together again?

I am thinking about trying it, as mine are steering fogs, but need to figure out what type of plastic etc is used and if it is worth doing.

thought maybe someone else has tried and has some useful info [Smile]
Thanks,
Tony
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have done loads of these. Soldering iron and black zip ties.
b4ss

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

alanmr2turbo wrote:
I have done loads of these. Soldering iron and black zip ties.

That will do nicely - thanks a mil [Smile]
Tony
platmatt8
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I’ve looked at plastic welding recently to fix my splitter, it seems heat and a polyethylene does the job easily. Hard part is trying to jack the front of the car up [Neutral]
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

platmatt8 wrote:
I’ve looked at plastic welding recently to fix my splitter, it seems heat and a polyethylene does the job easily. Hard part is trying to jack the front of the car up [Neutral]

park the front on some planks of wood to give a little room for the jack?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: