YVS Performance 5SGTE

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

J-1

Re: 5S - Second engine rebuild required already!!!

Post by J-1 »

Massive update coming soon, hopefully.

But for now, engine is having to come out again.
That's all I'm saying on the matter for now.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

](*,)
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Choosing Peter to build my engine is undoubtedly the worst mistake I've ever made. I honestly cannot emphasise enough how much I regret picking up the phone to even discuss a 5S build with him back in 2014!! Just nothing but a headache, and ultimately a waste of money.

I've seen several other 3S & 5S being produced by others and there's been no problems with the engine, or engine builder.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Quite telling that the guy never disputes or clarifies any of the claims made about his work on here. He must be aware of the posts.

Pete has responded to issues on here in the past. I have to say the anti-Pete brigade do like to whip themselves up into a frenzy at the merest hint of an issue with his work.

Even if there is some negligence there is no need for feasting of news we're seeing. We are supposed to be grown ups.
J-1

Post by J-1 »

gavsdavs wrote:
Gazza_DJ wrote:Quite telling that the guy never disputes or clarifies any of the claims made about his work on here. He must be aware of the posts.

Pete has responded to issues on here in the past. I have to say the anti-Pete brigade do like to whip themselves up into a frenzy at the merest hint of an issue with his work.

Even if there is some negligence there is no need for feasting of news we're seeing. We are supposed to be grown ups.

Not every issue I've had is just "mere". And after the money I spent with him (over £10K!) I expected a higher standard of work. And for my engine to last more than 100 miles or whatever it's done! And before anyone says "... well you could have been doing something to put the engine in jeopardy!" - nonsense!

Once you've met that criteria as an ex-customer of Peter then you too have the right to feel just as exploited as I, and several others, do.

For the record - I've never always had this opinion of Peter, but my opinion soon changed after receiving my "finished" car back.

Anyway, enough about this for now.

Update to follow.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Guys....for starters this is not the trader feedback section. Without reading 18 pages, this needs to be posted in the correct forum, and as in all OP/Trader disputes only the OP & Trader should enter in the discussion to be able to resolve.

Calling each other names on an open forum is all a bit childish if you ask me. We are all grown adults. Lets keep it that way.

edit: Just seen the trader feedback thread. Lets keep that factual please and I am sure Peter will respond, if that is what is needed. No more trader bashing here on a members profile thread.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Gents. I am going to take all the crap out of this thread and bin it. If the childish remarks continue I will just lock the thread and be done with it. I have far more important things to do than to deal with stupid remarks on here.

If anyone has any issue with a trader I suggest they deal with them directly in the first instance, and update the trader feedback thread accordingly.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Brief update:

Cylinder head currently removed after my HKS stopper head gasket failed at 1.4 bar after less than 150 miles on the new 5S engine I had built.

It was found that the ARP head studs were on at considerably less torque than recommended by ARP.... ](*,)

I've decided that I am going to drop the whole engine and have it stripped, checked and rebuilt with new bearings, piston rings, HKS head gasket and ARP head-studs.

You could argue it's a waste of money buying new ARP head studs since they appear to be under-torqued, or going to the extent of rebuilding, but I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO confidence in what I have at the moment.

A few other issues were noted during the removal of the head but this will be documented later as I have lots of photographs to post. Just haven't had the desire or time to do so.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Who is doing great your build this time mate?
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

gavsdavs wrote:

There's more than a few unanswered posts/complaints/questions - they seem to have just slipped down the 'recent threads' and off the radar . Not a good look for the trader or the forum imho.

'Build quality' is pretty hard to argue as far as how and why things fail - but a few people that have posted here mention being charged for things like polybushes being installed that they later found out never were. Thats poor form.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Just go YVS and never look back mate
craig

Post by craig »

2barGee wrote:Just go YVS and never look back mate

Really wished I'd done that originally....
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Any updates mate?
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Just hope you didn't get DP pistons as I was advised to get....... engine out again ](*,) ](*,)
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

rev2rich wrote:Just hope you didn't get DP pistons as I was advised to get....... engine out again ](*,) ](*,)

DP pistons?
craig

Post by craig »

2barGee wrote:
rev2rich wrote:Just hope you didn't get DP pistons as I was advised to get....... engine out again ](*,) ](*,)

DP pistons?

I'm guessing typo - CP.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

No type o ... Greece company custom 5s piston spec... Will update my build thread with findings once I get a chance

Link
https://www.dpengineparts.com/
fastasfkk

dp

Post by fastasfkk »

Whats wrong with your pistons ?
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Whats wrong with your pistons ?

a lot hence the rebuild and it hasn't left the T.D.I and I still haven't driven it ](*,) ](*,)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Are these the ones century Motorsport were pushing around?

Return to “Member Profiles”