Ebc issues

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

simpson_eh

Ebc issues

Post by simpson_eh »

Hi all

Got an issue with my blitz boost controller not working on my wastegate

Have tried everything
Changed solenoid
Changed wiring
Changed plumbing
Changed controller
Changed solenoid

I'm lost as to why it won't work,. If I set it to off it will boost to spring pressure which is 10 psi which is fine switch to 1 which is set to to 1 and gain 5 and it will boost to 20psi?? 1% ??

Now if I set it to 2% it goes to 2.2 bar where I quickly backed off

It used be set to setting 1 15 psi 2 20 psi 3 25psi and 4 30 psi but nothing changed it just stopped working

Tested the solenoid on a 12v supply and clicks as it used to tested all wiring to

So it just doesn't bleed off like it supposed to even changed the wastegate to a tial one

currently plumbed in as second pic in link https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induc ... et-up.html
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
platmatt8

Re: Ebc issues

Post by platmatt8 »

Just to confirm, it the solenoid directional?

If so is it the right way around?
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

Depends which one but yes 3 port solenoid are but type r solenoids are only in and out
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Do you have the correct switch on the back of the controller?

There’s an internal and external wastegate option.
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

Hi

Not on the new blitz controllers it's part of the software now but yes I did on the older style ones

It will one minute work next minute not
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Dual SBC manual here if you don't have it -http://www.mediatects.de/files/Blitz_DUAL_SBC.pdf

Zero all the settings and start from scratch. As Jim says, confirm you're on the right setting for the wastegate.
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

got a new manual with the new controller

https://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/product/blit ... ller-15039

everything is plumbed and zerod according to manual but still plays up if you take it off zero, like the wastegate is sticking closed under any sort of pressure(new Tial)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”