[Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lungxingquan
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault

Post by lungxingquan »

I have used the search but i couldn't find anything with similar symptoms, Apologies if i have missed it.

My speedo and Rev counter seem to stop working every now and again mostly just the speedo.

The odometer is continuing to count up though!

I can fix it temporary by removing the 3 plugs from the back of the unit and putting them back in, they don't look lose and they can't be pushed in further but i will go back to the car in one or two days and then notice one or both aren't working.

I don't get any Engine light flashes and the car continues to drive and accelerate fine

Is this a capacitor issue?

They both read fine and the speedo is spot on by gps

It is a import and doesn't have a converter board or chip!

Thanks,
Rick
lungxingquan
Premium Member

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault

Post by lungxingquan »

So I drove the mr2 to work both rev counter and speedo working,

went to the car after work and the speedo and rev counter didn't work when started it up and started to drive home

Went over a bump on the way home and the rev counter started to work?

Anyone any idea's?

Thanks,
Rick
simpson_eh

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 94 Rev3 Turbo Import Speedo and Rev counter intermittent fault

Post by simpson_eh »

def a loose connection on the back try tapping the clocks whilst on see if it goes off, then tap closer to different parts easy way to find it
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.

Return to “Electrical”